Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I was in an accident recently and the body shop scratched my rear window so they replaced it. Since then, my hatch has rattled like crazy. Why not take it back to the body shop? Because after taking it in 7 times it's still not 100%, and every time I take it in they screw something else up. Ugh. </rant>

So I'm pretending it's a warranty issue with the dealer, because there was a light rattle before this thing. Last week I took it in and they ordered a new hatch panel. I told the guy it wasn't going to fix it because I drove around with it off and it made no difference. Anyway, they put it on, a few days later I drop it off again. I just got back from picking it up, and they're ordering some part from Japan and it's going to take a month to get here. I'm like, wtf? But apparently there's been a TSB put out for hatch noise.

I haven't been watching for a TSB for the hatch, but a search of the message boards showed no result. I asked for more information but there was a really long line in the service center so I left. Could someone supply me with some more information as to what this TSB fixes?

When I took my tC in for the TSB on the sunroof, whatever the dealer did solved nothing. I ended up putting some grease on the hinges for the wind deflector and that solved it. Took 5 seconds. I'm going to assume the dealer just might not fix this, and the sound is driving me crazy. I would love to know what they're going/supposed to do in case I end up doing it myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I think we're all in about the same boat. The TSB's Toyota has issued don't seem to fix the problems our cars are having. The last time I picked my car up (fourth time for hatch noise) the tech told me he's "done with this car". Honestly I can't say I blame him, but it's still the responsibility of the dealership to make the vehicle right isn't it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The noise in my car seems to be at the base of the window. If you apply a lot of pressure to the window at that point the rattle stops. My father said we could try "pulling" the metal away from the glass and squirt some clear caulk down in there.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Aug 16 2005, 05:57 PM
i hate to be the one who breaks this news to you but.....

you were in an accident, it would be something just short of a miracle if your car came out like new.
yeah hes right, most of our cars had rattles in them already, your lucky you didnt untill your accident.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.