Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the TSB for the popping/creaking/snapping/whatever you call it sound the moonroof makes in some of your cars is finally here. call your dealer to set up the correction. i dont think toyota would like it if i copied their bulletin and posted it here, so i wont. but i can say it is a simple fix, and shouldnt take any time at all. in fact, though mine stopped on its own, i am going to tighten down the two screws myself.
anyway, i said i would let you know, and i finally know. hopefully some people found this out before i did and got it taken care of already.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Did they do another revision on it? I've seen the TSB a month ago (take out the torx screw, then tighten the philips screw under it).

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope, thats it. i just never saw anything on it, and someone asked me about it today, so i checked and sure enough. so, nope, thats the one. did it work??

·
Registered
730 Posts
Elk Grove Scion's Service dept did the TSB a couple of weeks ago and now it's worse than ever!!! Continuous creeking at any speed versus the occasional crack/pop going up/down steep driveways at an angle.

I also had some other minor things they took care of (kind of, not really...you'll see) and they got overspray on my car, lost a clip for the rear passenger side panel, received damaged parts and had to reorder (if they even ordered them at all in the first place), scratched the paint on the driver "A" pillar ( and just used touch-up paint to fix it) and replaced the upper windshield weather strip which didn't seat it down correctly so it must be replaced again!!! Very unhappy. How many times can you screw up on one service order??? Damn EG Scion!! I'll be bringing it to you from now on, Damon.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
f#ck. what a nightmare. since the day we met you have been dealing with this kind of "service" from them, and these kinds of problems. at what point do you scream lemon and get a new car, bro? cause i would be.
regardless. your car is under warranty still unless you have driven more miles than i know you do. bring it to us. our guys will get it done.

·
Registered
614 Posts
wow, EG scion is no good either huh? but i've been making the extra trip to maita now even though EG scion is like 10 min away from where i live because Damon and Mickael are cool.
their service department is professional too. that's very hard to find i must say. and now one more bad one to add to the list.

Alpman is pretty close but i think i take the cake when it comes to "luck" with problems though. Damon knows what i'm talking about.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh, i dont know, greg's tC is a mess beyond what is posted here.

but really, who wants to win first place in the "who got f#cked the hardest" contest, you know?

kwik - i will let youknow what i find out about your pm. give me time to get back to the office tomorrow. i'll pm you.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Driving directions:
Start:
Marty's Address
Atlanta, GA 30319
End:
Maita Scion
2500 Auburn Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95821

Total Distance:
2514.17 MI
Estimated Total Time:
2209 Minutes

Damn.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Nov 10 2004, 10:08 PM
oh, i dont know, greg's tC is a mess beyond what is posted here.

but really, who wants to win first place in the "who got f#cked the hardest" contest, you know?

kwik - i will let youknow what i find out about your pm. give me time to get back to the office tomorrow. i'll pm you.
true. it's not a good thing to win that contest. if Greg's car is worse than what i read here then yeah, he is definately worse off than me. sorry to hear about the mess Greg. i would not let that go. how dare they treat your car like that. call scion if necessary. they are willing to work with you. plus the complaints go on file so it will be a tally mark/red flag against EG.

thanks Damon, i really appreciate your help.

for the record everyone, Damon is super cool. Mickael is super cool too. Damon and Mickael are super cool.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
eh, we dont suck as much as we could, i guess.
thanks. just doing what we can to keep this dream of ours alive and kicking. and that means making sure everyone associates good things with their cars. including support after purchase. i dont believe my job ends when you drive off my lot. right, moriarty?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey guys, Took my car to the dealer today and was talking to one of the guys. He said the fix kit from toyota is a bag full of foam.... but not just normal foam.....Toyota Foam!!!!!!!- so after i heard that my worries were gone.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does it add horsepower?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yes he was talking about pretty big gains.... i think i remember him saying about 5 horsies per square inch of foam......... So for a reasonable price, and a less annoying moonroof...i would recomend Toyota Foam to Everyone!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
alright,
not sure about this foam kit, but that might seem to solve the problem of the rattle at the hatchback I hear once in a while. I think the rattle might be the vibration from the plastic hitting the metal inside. (gray plastic trim in the back)

If I pound on the plastic next to the handle of the hatchback, I can recreate the sound, so Im assuming that If the foam is used, maybe the plastic will vibrate less?

If this foam exists, direct me to where I can purchase it, then I'll have the dealer install it for me. Tired of hearing the rattles when Im on uneven roads.

X

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Until last night I had never heard any strange noises from the tC. Last night I heard a noise like a softball hitting the roof while the car was warming up. At first I thought it was a softball (or something like it), but it happened again today twice. WTF? Is this what everyone with the popping noise is complaining about?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts