Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,373 Posts
About the sound settings. There is an SSP button to turn on the "Scion Sound Processing". It's got 3 settings... Hear, Feel, and Normal. Normal sounds like crap and is meant to be that way so you can talk over the music. Hear or Feel is where you'll probably want to set it, depending on the type of bass you like. Also, if you hold down the SSP button, it will let you change the Vehicle setting. Most tC owners prefer to set theirs to the xB or xA mode.

Pressing the volume knob brings up other stuff like Bass, Treble, Balance, etc. (I'm sure you can figure this stuff out on your own). One thing to note is the ASL or Auto Sound Leveling. This increases the volume of the music to compensate for in-cab noise. Everyone seems to have a different preference for this, but I usually keep mine on Low or Off. There's also an MP3-specific setting called SMT (or something like that.. forgot what it stands for) that's supposed to improve the sound of MP3's. Doesn't show up if you're on the radio or listening to an audio CD.

The "Text" button is mostly for MP3 CD's and iPod capability. Hitting this button changes which information is displayed (ie. Song Title, File Name, Artist Name, etc.). I usually keep mine set to the song title.

I actually have the iPod stereo upgrade, so it might be slightly different than yours, but for the most part they've got pretty much the same features I think. I hope this helps, and welcome to the forums.

· Registered
35 Posts
Push the SSP button and turn the round knob to either xa or xb.
I believe the Text button tells you the name of the song on the CD, etc. (but only if the CD is set up to do it). Mine only shows me the name of the song occasionally. I have an 06 but I'm assuming the radios are pretty similar.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that was a mouth full! Thanks so much. This is my first new car and probably the nicest sound system I have started out with. So I am a bit confused on how to set it up. But THANKS, that should get me started!!!!!!

· Registered
1,373 Posts
For an aftermarket head unit? I'd recommend an Eclipse or something similar, with 6.5" touch-screen, CD/DVD, and Navigation.

It all depends on how much you want to spend. You're probably better off talking to a Crutchfield representative to find out what's best for you and your budget.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
It's all to your tastes. We have people here who have Eclipse, Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, etc.

You can have higher end double-din touchscreen LCD stereos with navigation, DVD playback, etc...

Or go with a not-so-fancy (and much much cheaper) single-din stereo setups for just music and such.

The stock speakers are decent. Still, by swiching out the stereo head unit you'll get a LOT better sound quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.