Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I put mine on top of my box. Ran the distrbution block on the back of the box. I posted picks on the thread" video of my sexy car" or something like that.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Becareful with mouting the amps in the cubby, his amp is only pushing out about 500 watts so heat isn't to big of an issue. My 1800 watt amp will heat up quick, its casing is actual completly mesh with a nice size fan inside it. He put a vent fan which is a good thing so just make sure if you hide it like he did to do the same make sure it gets plenty of cool air or it will over heat quick.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That alpine amp fits in there like a glove.

Also, I noticed some people also mentioning that they installed them on the side panels, does anyone have a pic of this or of their mounting brackets for this install?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Not the greatest shots, but you get the idea...

Left side panel. MRV-F345 w/ display remote mounted. PXA-H701 DD processor

Right side panel. MRV-F345 aslo w/ display remote mounted. VPA-B211A Vehicle Hub as main system controller.

Third amp is an MRD-M605 hidden in spare tire cubby w/ display remote mounted as well. Sorry, no pics. Very similar to Dr.Isotope's install though.

Remote mounted amplifier displays in rear seat flap.

Another shot.

See the rest of the system pics here:

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4777

·
Registered
453 Posts
damn alpman.....thats as clean as it gets.....Dr. Iso, nice setup also, quite the tight sqeeze eh?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice alpman, i do have to admit i love my Alpine head unit.
A couple questions..

1. Did you attach brackets to those side panels or did you screw them directly in to the car? If so did you use rubber bushings for isolation?
2. Do the side panels heat up or distort with those amplifiers?
3. Those are 75x4 amps, are you pushing 150 to each speaker?

Sorry for all the questions, i just dont want to f something up.

·
Registered
730 Posts
1. I used a couple of L brackets bolted front to back to make like a Z bracket on each side of the amp to attach it to the vehicle's inner panel and screwed them directly to the panel w/ self tapping sheet metal screws. No rubber bushings were used.

2. There is plenty of airflow in the side panels. You should not have any heat issues with installing amps in these locations.

3. The left side 345 runs the front Type-R components in four channel mode and are Bi-Amped. They are crossed over electronically via the PXA-H701 processor. The passive crossovers are not used and were discarded. So each mid and each tweeter receives 75 WRMS independently. The right side 345 runs in three channel center mode. This creates a three channel equal power amp to runthe third channel as a center channel in a Doly Digital system. Therefore, this amp runs the two rear Type-R coaxes off the rear channels and the SBS-05DC center channel off the equal power bridged channel from the front. Each speaker receives 75 WRMS.

Hope this explains it a little more clearly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Each of the three amps has a digital display that controls gain, etc as well as displays temp and voltage. I wanted to show off the amps but did not have the room to do so w/o taking up valuable real estate in the vehicle. Therefore, I mounted the amps in the rear sides and one in the storage bin next to the spare tire, removed the displays from each amp and extended the wiring to this location. What you are looking at are the three displays from the amps mounted on rhe back of the rear seats. It's kinda cool too cuz I can make adjustments to the amps w/o having to access their actual locations.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I imagine you could do anything you wanted, but mounting an amp into the seat would kill some of your cushion on the seat (most amps are 2-2.5 deep). As long as you dont plan on taking anyone in the backseat you could do, just be sure to make sure you dont cut away seat supports, and if you have to cut them away fabricate a brace of some sort.

Also you may remember the golden rule.....Anything can be done with enough cash

·
Registered
730 Posts
I would not recommend mounting the amps inside the rear seats. To do that you would have to cut the metal bracing as well as the cushion. This would affect the structural integrity of the seat and could be hazardous to the rear passengers in the event of an accident. Safety first!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.