Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5 years of worry and repair-free FI for $3K is not a bad deal.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Electronics and W/A injection will give You more HP then TRD (everybody knows that TRD is crap)SC. And they are ligal and not gonna screw factory warranty.
Just trying to protect Your money

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Kirill@Oct 15 2005, 05:42 AM
"Electronics" and "W/A injection" will give You more HP then TRD (everybody knows that TRD is crap)SC. And they are ligal and not gonna screw factory warranty.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually centrifugal SC for tC makes a lot of sense for me - car has plenty of torque and the only problem that I saw was torque curve going down at higher RPMs. TRD SC fixes it by raising the torque curve just a bit at low RPMs and keeping it straight all the way to redline. This way the car remains drivable and HP on the top end that tC is missing magically appears. Centrifugal SCs for the daily driver also help save gas compared to roots type blowers.

And as far as water/methanol injection and messing with ECU - good luck getting 1/4 of what SC will offer, and it never occured to me that messing with car's ECU and blowing up your engine is covered under Toyota warranty.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I give up. I don't see the doodie on the page...is it the graphs?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Maybe he's talking about the comment regarding rear axle assemblies (which tCs don't have).

-Ed

·
Registered
71 Posts
question... and this may be really stupid, so forgive me... but, the link brings u to the TRD page which lists the 'Key Features' and the first thing it says is "Fits all manual transmission Scion tC's". It mentions nothing about the auto's... so, does this also fit on them?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by serleba1@Oct 15 2005, 01:45 PM
question... and this may be really stupid, so forgive me... but, the link brings u to the TRD page which lists the 'Key Features' and the first thing it says is "Fits all manual transmission Scion tC's". It mentions nothing about the auto's... so, does this also fit on them?
It works with autos also, but you need to purchase an additional kit for adapting to auto tCs.

-Ed

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Kirill@Oct 15 2005, 05:42 AM
Electronics and W/A injection will give You more HP then TRD (everybody knows that TRD is crap)SC. And they are ligal and not gonna screw factory warranty.
Just trying to protect Your money
okasy, genious, explain how this little thing of yours is going to push me over 200 hp. and really, what the hell makes trd crap? they dont make the parts, they rebadge and sell them. so their stuff is only as good as the actual mfg. which means, in the case of the charger, i am buying a VORTECH part. and if you think vortech doesnt know how to build a centrifugal s/c, you are really smart.

have fun playing catch-up with your "electronic mods".

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by JP'sTc@Oct 15 2005, 06:57 PM
I can assume were gona have to start putting prem. fuel with the sc?
Indeed.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Originally posted by Frunobulax+Oct 16 2005, 04:29 AM-->QUOTE (Frunobulax @ Oct 16 2005, 04:29 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-zoltiz
@Oct 14 2005, 06:41 PM
http://www.trdusa.com/tcsupercharger.asp

Look at the page, look at the PDF brochure and tell me one big doodie that they made on Page 2.
TRD can't even spellcheck the brochure?!

Yeah, I want a product from folks who take such care...
[/b]
lol, there in a rush to get back to perfecting it

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look carefully at the HP and torque graphs. They are swapped.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They make perfect sense if you swap the labels. Still, I'm very impressed with what they've done. I bet this actually works very well, especially because they've moved peak power significantly to the right. This means not a huge increase in torque (to kill your clutch and transmission), but a very big area under the curve increase. It's a very well thought out mod, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Now if we could just get the redline bumped up to 7250 rpm, we'd see the kind of hp we're all wanting to see...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.