Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the TRD five spoke wheels with the Yokohama Paradas in Folsom Lake Toyota/Scion on a Manager's special for $1638. Just thought I'd pass on the news to anyone in the area.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a special reason to be there. Normally I go to Maita.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 29 2005, 02:11 PM
I had a special reason to be there. Normally I go to Maita.
I know. I was at folsom lake a few weeks ago with a friend who was looking to get a tC (I keep telling him to go to Maita, and I think it's starting to wear on him...). I couldn't believe how full of #### their scion guys are; it was disgusting.

The guy claimed the AEM intake was out, and that he had installed it on several cars already. I asked him if I could see it and he produced the same picture we've all seen on the internet...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 29 2005, 12:16 PM
I saw the TRD five spoke wheels with the Yokohama Paradas in Folsom Lake Toyota/Scion on a Manager's special for $1638. Just thought I'd pass on the news to anyone in the area.
I got my set of these tires and wheels at Mcgeorge Scion, Richmond, VA on the 28th of March. They were $1599. If anyone is in the area you may wish to call though...I do not know if they had anymore..did not ask at the time. Tax is not included though and the shipping would be a bugger I bet as they weight about 200 lbs altogether. I live about 3 miles from Mcgeorge and if you take their internet price sheet that is what you pay...a person that walks in without any knowledge of their internet price gets hit for the full price though. That is the way of business.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
If you are talking about TRD 18s (aka Team Dynamics Mirage), I would not recommend these wheels. Look nice, but 30lbs a pop plus 25lbs tire - not a good thing.

A year and a half ago I got them for $1200 shipped from one of the online dealer parts places (with tires) - so you can get a better deal than $1600.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am sure there is a better deal out there other than a car dealer. I weighed them on a state trade scale at 48lbs 1 oz with tire. Stock weighed 40lbs 7 oz. They are heavy. I understand the advantage of lower un-sprung weight but I am not going to go too light either..based on experience. I would not hesitate to buy a lighter weight italian manufactured wheel. They are masters of aluminum. I just saw none of them that caught my eye as attractive too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by akpilot1@Mar 30 2005, 01:56 PM
And if you don't look good you can't be.......
satisfied that I am getting the right balance that I am looking for in quality, performance and STYLE. Something most of try to achieve...of course the "balance" each person wants is subjective.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.