Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
now, that hopefully will settle the rumors. thanks ken, for providing information only when it was solid.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
April 1st. I'm not going to bite on that one...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 7 2005, 10:14 AM
now, that hopefully will settle the rumors. thanks ken, for providing information only when it was solid.
You're absolutely welcome.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jan 7 2005, 10:16 AM
April 1st. I'm not going to bite on that one...
Actually, without starting any rumors, I think you can pretty much take this to the bank. That info is off a desk at Toyota and it's solid.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
there was talk of a stage 3 kit for it that was rumored to jump it up to around 260hp, but i have been unable to confirm that through any of my channels. ken?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 7 2005, 12:00 PM
there was talk of a stage 3 kit for it that was rumored to jump it up to around 260hp, but i have been unable to confirm that through any of my channels. ken?
Just one kit guys. Someone saw the test vehicles with different setups and their imagination did the rest. At least, it gave us all something to talk about. One of the other forums is talking about this kit giving 60 to 70 HP and costing $4500. A bit more imagination running wild.

The fact is that the delay was caused by having to tone down the unit a bit. It was a little over productive and had to be moved to a safer lower HP range.

IMHO, and this is just opinion, I think the unit will be closer to 40 HP and $2500. I could be wrong, but that's what sounds logical to me, knowing what I know. I guess we'll see in another 84 days. Give or take.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hmm. 40HP would be pretty crappy.

1.8L SC was advertised as:
Peak torque is 145 lb.-ft. supercharged @ 4000 RPM
- vs. 125 lb.-ft. stock at 4200 RPM.
Peak horsepower is 166 HP supercharged @ 6800 RPM
- vs. 130 HP @ 6000 RPM.

In real life I had 139lb ft at the wheels and 159hp at the wheels on my automatic Matrix. Hope they don't tone it down too much

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You know, that lines already been tried, by me. I told the owner here that they could use my car to demo the S/C and all they had to do was put it on for free. Nothing but blank stares and frown lines back at me on that one. Nice try, though.

Oh, heard back from our friends and Hotchkis and they aren't in the mood to give me a set of sways just yet. We have sold some though, and maybe we'll get some feedback from those guys. Let you know.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ right, which is what the first post in this thread says. thanks for the update.

·
Registered
116 Posts
How can they claim the supercharger is better on MPG than other systems? A turbo doesn't spool up till around 3k rpms. That means if you don't get on it (high rpm) the turbo doesn't suck in the extra gas. A supercharger is belt driven, so its on full time. I understand the benefit of supercharging (instant acceleration), but I don't see how they claim better MPG than other systems...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
from the vortech FAQ's.

What will it do to my miles per gallon (MPG)?
When the supercharger is installed as purchased, mileage often times is improved due to the increased engine efficiency. If you tend to drive with a "heavy foot," your mileage may suffer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.