Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is 'rumored' that the tC TRD S/C will be released in September and may retail in the area of $3,200.00. The 'possible' labor charge would be in the area of $450.00 for 5 hours of labor and the computerized 'reflash' of the unit that will need to be done, along with the install, at a Dealership. The expected HP increase would be 40+. That's all I have for now, but I'll pass on more info as I get it.

Ken

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, thats the feeling most people have. what we could get one for at our prices and install rates isnt terrible, but that should be the retail cost in my opinion. still waiting for them to send a pant so we can order a couple. maybe they are going to tweak the price a little.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes you did. My 'source' was asleep at the wheel, but did ask for some input. I told him the price was a bit too high.

Ken

...and the release date really late and the power a little low.
Do these guys work bankers hours or what? I'd get fired if I got things done this slow! :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
The aftermarket turbo makers don't seem to be having any better luck delivering product than TRD. It'll be snowing again by the time anything is really on the market.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
man, i hope i dont have to wait for snow to get some FI. i dont remember the last time sacramento got snow.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Ken@Jun 14 2005, 08:06 AM
It is 'rumored' that the tC TRD S/C will be released in September and may retail in the area of $3,200.00. The 'possible' labor charge would be in the area of $450.00 for 5 hours of labor and the computerized 'reflash' of the unit that will need to be done, along with the install, at a Dealership. The expected HP increase would be 40+. That's all I have for now, but I'll pass on more info as I get it.

Ken
Sorry, forgot to mention that the pricing of $3,200 is 'not set' yet. You might want to hold off a bit rather than over paying.

Ken

·
Registered
119 Posts
yea it is...im really contemplating if its worth spending over 3 G's ..Im prob goin to wait and see what the reviews are like when people start installing it and then make my decision.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
$100/hp is anything but insane. And $100 per full warranted hp is very very cheap. Under $3K installed will be a reasonable price - just like other TRD SC's.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by MartytC@Jun 14 2005, 05:30 PM
3700 for 40hp?

100 bucks per hp?

that's insane.
$100 per horsepower is what you should expect.

My friend spent about $2000 on an Injen CAI (New ~$400), Comptech Headers (New ~$700) and Comptech Exhaust (New ~$900) and only gained maybe 15 hp?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
2000 dollars for a pipe!? holy cow

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.