Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah yeah, i know moriarty, you hate this topic. well normally, so do i.

the last of whatever the kinks were have been worked out. get out the credit cards, bash your kids piggy bank, steal welfare checks from the trailer park, or, in wolo's case, just pull some dollars from that fat a$$ wallet.

edit for corrected info (sorry, guys)

this was the email i got this morning :

Scion Managers,

The wait is finally over!

TRD is in the final stages of development and expect to have a tC
supercharger kit available for sale by the end of Aug/early September.

Product Details:
MSRP (uninstalled) = $3200 (est)
Installation time = 5 hours (est)
HP after installation = 200+ hp

Note: A $450 (est) Special Service Tool to reflash the ECU will be
required for installation. The tool is re-usable and the dealer will only
need to purchase this once.

units available - about 100 in the San Francisco area (my region) to start. then on backorder no doubt. everywhere else? i dont know, cause my regional rep only has our data here in our region. larger volume stores should see an initial shipment of about 5, the smaller dealers about 1 or 2.

thats the most recent data.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i wish i had $3200 to burn

·
Registered
576 Posts
specs?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i will post solid specs asap. lordvader is coming by here in a couple hours, i will get every piece of useful data i can.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
does that mean you still have your job?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as of right this second, yes. but i have only been here 42 minutes.

·
Registered
576 Posts
awsome.

(at least that's 42 min. of paycheck, yes? :))

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ not a bad idea. i dont know that we are doing preorders yet, but i assure you i will have 1 reserved for me, so that takes my shop down to 4 for sale.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Not a bad price for installed unit. I am thinking about waiting 2 years, then selling my '05, and buying the '07 with SC hopefully installed at the plant - that way it can be under insurance in addition to warranty.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
seems like your losing money in that scenaro, but i haven't given it much thought... and my brains on vacation to give it any more than i already have

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think zoltis payed off his tC already or he is close to. Correct me if i'm wrong. BTW you almost never lose money when your car is payed off to the bank. If i had a better job i would do the same thing he is doing, cuz i know the next model of tC is going to be hotter.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yeah payed off TCs are nice I will be getting either a SC or Turbo depending on what makes more power, I know a turbo just might but the warranty is kidna nice.

Just awaiting specs

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
With the way tC depreciates (less than any other car I know) - I will not "lose" any money on the exchange of '05 for '07 - I will pay more for the '07 than I will get for selling '05, obviously, but I will be getting a car with zero miles and warranty all over again, so it's not really "losing" money.

Something that people rarely take into cosideration - if you wreck the car with aftermarket turbo, nobody will ever give you the money for the turbo in addition to the value of the car. But if the SC will come from factory - insurance company will have to cover the price of the entire car including the blower. That's the only reason I might consider buying tC with factory SC. There is a good chance that I can buy a kit online and have my local dealer install it for couple hundred less than Scion official price, but this way my extra $3K won't be covered if I fly off the road.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
shinobi - sure, we can do that for you.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
corrected info is in the first post i made here. sorry for the premature pricing, an email this morning set it a little straighter.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.