Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
$2950 without install? whats WITH install (from the dealer)?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
estimate 5-6 hours labor. depending on dealer install rates, it will vary. we bill at 85/hr. so, from us, it would be about 3400-3500.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I will be jumping on this soon

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Wow, this is one "Supercharger" Topic I'm finally happy to see! Can't wait to hear impressions.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by CraniumDesigns@Sep 21 2005, 12:32 PM
$2950 without install? whats WITH install (from the dealer)?
I can't speak for others, but we will be charging $380.00 for the job and you get to spend the day at the beach while we're doing it.

Ken

·
Registered
65 Posts
i'm there dude fck the price !!!! That's hot #### how much extra HP are they expecting i heard 55+?but i'm not sure!!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
the guy at scion nite who was stnading next to the tc with the sc said they got 203 hp out of it (crank, not wheel), and that the the CAI would take it to 210.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The word is +25% hp and tq.

But here's something that gives me hope:

1ZZ-FE (Matrix/corolla) TRD supercharger was advertized as making 166hp/145tq vs 130hp/125tq stock. So it's about 27% gain in hp and 16% gain in torque - close to the % that tC should make. When the time came to dyno the car stock and with SC we saw 108whp stock and 158whp with the blower - that's 46% gain.

Everybody keep their fingers crossed that tC has the same kind of gain.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The way your tC runs, you'll probably get 190 to the wheels...

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Well the first person to get one should have a stock tC dynoed and then have a tC dynoed with the S/C and lets see if the S/C was under rated.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc@Sep 22 2005, 04:54 AM
Well the first person to get one should have a stock tC dynoed and then have a tC dynoed with the S/C and lets see if the S/C was under rated.
$60 for 3 pulls times two = $120. I'm taking donations from the interested parties for the dyno time. But I know nobody will be willing to help me out with this, so I'll just sit on the numbers and giggle

·
Registered
271 Posts
For those of use that have the TRD muffler..., would we have to get rid of it? or will the exhuast size stay the same?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by superchargedscion@Sep 22 2005, 07:15 AM
For those of use that have the TRD muffler..., would we have to get rid of it? or will the exhuast size stay the same?
You won't have to change the TRD Exhaust.

Ken

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Ken+Sep 22 2005, 07:17 AM-->QUOTE (Ken @ Sep 22 2005, 07:17 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedscion
@Sep 22 2005, 07:15 AM
You won't have to change the TRD Exhaust.

Ken [/b]
Ken, do you carry the optional intake that is supposedly good for another 7hp @ the crank when used in conjunction w/the supercharger?

-Ed

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm goin to toyota right this minute...!!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.