Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was picking up my tC from the service dept today to have my oil changed, my salesman (Jens Moller @ Romano Toyota Syracuse NY [GREAT GUY!]) was jittery as a junebug, telling me when I'd like to come in after the 30th of this month to get the supercharger put on. I'm like, "huh?" I thought he was kidding. But I'm on a short list of people who have pre-ordered one ($100 deposit) and want it asap here in central new york. He told me he'll give me a call back with a date and time of when they can do it. And it's an even $3000 including parts/labor/installation, and it's 55hp gain.

This all came from his mouth today. I wouldn't have taken the time to post this if I thought it was bogus. He's never wronged me before, and he's always known what he's talking about.

I just hope he's right!!!!! This is AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
cool.... be sure to take plenty of pics when its on your car.... im getting a bit skeptical... and wont believe it till i see it

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Good thing you have a disclaimer in your sig, Wolo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man i hope your right Sept. 30th i was told at the parts Dept. not til the end of november they just keep pushing it back!!!!!

peace

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I would only get it if it were the Xtreme ZuperchargerZ.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
TRD = Terminally Ridiculous Delays

As we say in IT - Vaporware.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Well, you can get away with it in Harrisburg. We can't get away with it in California. But it's OK, I wouldn't trade winters with you for anything.

·
Registered
346 Posts
saw the supercharger at scion night at marine world last nite. its the first production model. the guy watching the car said it made 203hp and that the CAI coming out from TRD will add about 7 to make a total of 210hp. he said their goal was +40hp. he said it should be available at dealerships in a month or two. thats the first time ive actually believed anything about the SC.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yeah, I saw that big black airbox in the pictures. Who wants to bet me there's a charcoal filter in that bad boy?

I'll wait for GReddy. I bet they release a CARB legal turbo kit fairly soon, and if I really get the bug for more FWD power, their kit will have more options.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Sep 17 2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I saw that big black airbox in the pictures. Who wants to bet me there's a charcoal filter in that bad boy?

I'll wait for GReddy. I bet they release a CARB legal turbo kit fairly soon, and if I really get the bug for more FWD power, their kit will have more options.
yeah, probably me too. thought having a FI covered by warranty is tempting. just not sure if it's worth tht price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.