Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw it in somebodys picture on another threat, it looked really sweet cuz it was white and the dudes car was the super white. I'm just curious if I can get this at the dealer, or if I have to order it from another place. Ill go find the link to the post and put it in here so you can see.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That is something that you should be able to get through your dealer.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Make sure you get the right wheel. There are some wheels that are only made for the xB and xA that will conflict with the knee-airbags in the tC. Be sure you confirm that your wheel is tC compatible........just food for thought. -T

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
936 Posts
yep thats the normal wheel. The only wheel Ive seen so far, has silver acents at the 3 and 9 ocklock positions. - T

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh okay, cool.

·
Registered
116 Posts
so that wheel is on every tc? even the 06's?

·
Registered
445 Posts
yes my steering wheel is black only...all the way around...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Audio controls on the steering wheel are a nice option but i prefer a cleaner look. Are the controls standard, I would rather have a nice, no audio controls steering wheel.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is that really a "TRD" steering wheel, or is that just a leather steering wheel?

·
Registered
243 Posts
its not the entire steering wheels guys, i think its just the leather cover. also 06 models have the controls, 05 models dont have audio controls. also, there used to be a different cover, i dunno if it was for the 05's or what, but it was leather and all black. now it is black and silver.

·
Registered
224 Posts
that's a pic of my post and it is all leather with black and silver...it's much nice over the stock vinyl one.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
Sorry guys, I've rarely seen so many misconceptions in one thread.

1. The OEM wheel isn't vinyl, it's leather wrapped.

2. $250 is CHEAP. Call up Toyota and ask what a replacement wheel is for anything, even a tC. The last time I looked into this, it was an '88 GTS Corolla - they wanted more than $1000 for the steering wheel alone, and that car had NO airbags even as an option. OEM parts can be absurdly expensive. How about $1500 for an interior door panel? That's what a Supra interior door panel goes for from Toyco.

3. The wheel doesn't come with an airbag, so that's not why it is expensive. The airbag is usually somewhere between $500 and $900, so I guarantee you are using your existing airbag for the new wheel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts