Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few meets I, along with other people, have noticed that my car sits noticeably lower than other tCs on TRD springs, including other tCs with the lip kit.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be? Any chance it has to do with me driving daily into the deteriorated streets of New York City?

It's beginning to be of concern to me; I am worried that if this is over time that my car will be sitting much too low within just a matter of months. I picked the TRD springs specifically because they were only 1.25" drop; if I knew I'd end up with a 1.5-1.75" drop, I'd have probably considered something else. I'm sort of ticked that I didn't measure my wheel gap before putting these things in and right after installation (before settling).

-Ed

EDIT: PS the other cars we compared against were also supposedly settled.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Who did your install?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ed, the last couple of weeks Ive noticed that my car has settled quite a bit too. Im not sure if its my eyes but it looks like the rear has settled a bit more. I was talking about it with someone at the last meet. The drop is definetly more than 1.2inches. I wonder how much this effects the alignment.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Greenfire@Nov 26 2005, 06:34 PM
Ed, the last couple of weeks Ive noticed that my car has settled quite a bit too. Im not sure if its my eyes but it looks like the rear has settled a bit more. I was talking about it with someone at the last meet. The drop is definetly more than 1.2inches. I wonder how much this effects the alignment.
Thanks, pal. I was hoping I'm not the only one. At this point it is more like 1.5-1.75" drop than 1.25"!!!

-Ed

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yeah when I got mine on it looked a lot lower than 1.2" you are right its more of a 1.5" or even 1.75" drop but I like it its perfect for me

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Probably settled, plus with the cold weather lately, the shocks are compressing a little more.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Greenfire@Nov 27 2005, 04:31 PM
Perhaps using the TRD shocks with the springs results in a lower drop??
I have stock shocks/struts with my TRD springs.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by phungy@Nov 27 2005, 05:43 PM
Did you get an alignment after the springs were installed?
Definitely. Tires are wearing perfectly even, too, as proof.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by phungy@Nov 27 2005, 05:55 PM
How much was the alignment? >$50?
The dealer I did it at always does an alignment whenever suspension components are changed, no separate charge (they simply ripped me a new one on labor to do the spring install itself).

-Ed

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.