Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
no one i know who runs the s/c has that info yet. you might find it over on scionlife, but i havent looked. the tracks here closed right after it came out, so i dont think anyone in the sacramento area had a chance to time it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
from scionlife.com

"Looks like we got our first times for the SC:

Outcrnru posted;

3 runs total

Run 1: 60': 2.2
ET: [email protected] 96mph

Run 2: 60': 2.23
ET: [email protected] 94mph

Run 3: 60': 2.32

Not bad, with a pulley upgrade I would think low 14's are possible."

don't know how true it is, not much detail on conditions either, but i think that's pretty damn impressive. i'm sold.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is really strange!! Many people have SC but no one has the numbers??? If I had a SC I would go to a track right away!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Damn that English system.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Dmitry82@Dec 8 2005, 01:55 PM
This is really strange!! Many people have SC but no one has the numbers??? If I had a SC I would go to a track right away!!!
yeah, me too. if we had one that was open.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by iRoq@Dec 8 2005, 01:29 PM
from scionlife.com

"Looks like we got our first times for the SC:

Outcrnru posted;

3 runs total

Run 1: 60': 2.2

Run 2: 60': 2.23
ET: [email protected] 94mph

Run 3: 60': 2.32

Not bad, with a pulley upgrade I would think low 14's are possible."

don't know how true it is, not much detail on conditions either, but i think that's pretty damn impressive. i'm sold.
with the 90' of chromoly tubing welded in that tC of his (outcrnu), i bet his run isnt as fast as it could be.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yep, headers, hi-flow s-pipe, no cats, straight through exhaust. a tach the size of detroit.
and stock tires. great choice for a supercharged tC.
and no, he isnt the greatest driver.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod+Dec 8 2005, 03:17 PM-->QUOTE (inevitablegod @ Dec 8 2005, 03:17 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Dmitry82
@Dec 8 2005, 01:55 PM
yeah, me too. if we had one that was open. [/b]
Are all of them closed in your area??? Why? How come?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by Dmitry82+Dec 8 2005, 03:53 PM-->QUOTE (Dmitry82 @ Dec 8 2005, 03:53 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 03:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dmitry82
@Dec 8 2005, 01:55 PM

yeah, me too. if we had one that was open.
Are all of them closed in your area??? Why? How come?
[/b]
I think it might be due to this weird white stuff we've got falling out of the sky...strange...it always seems to happen around this time of year too...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I might get out this weekend to the track to see what I can put down in the 1/4 mile.
I do not expect to be an awesome driver....have to figure out that speed shift or double clutch thing I hear about.
I still have stock tires and wheels....waiting to run those down as no one will be into buying them off of me.

It is freaking cold out here right now so that should help the times.

I will post when I finally get out to do it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Dec 8 2005, 03:32 PM
yep, headers, hi-flow s-pipe, no cats, straight through exhaust. a tach the size of detroit.
and stock tires. great choice for a supercharged tC.
hmmm...some mods, not a good driver...might even out to be close to accurate

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by We11Spring@Dec 8 2005, 05:00 PM
I think it might be due to this weird white stuff we've got falling out of the sky...strange...it always seems to happen around this time of year too...

well, not that we are getting much snow here in sacramento, but we shut down for the cold and rainy season, which is upon us now.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by iRoq+Dec 8 2005, 05:32 PM-->QUOTE (iRoq @ Dec 8 2005, 05:32 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-inevitablegod
@Dec 8 2005, 03:32 PM
yep, headers, hi-flow s-pipe, no cats, straight through exhaust.  a tach the size of detroit. 
and stock tires.  great choice for a supercharged tC.
hmmm...some mods, not a good driver...might even out to be close to accurate
[/b]
considering that 80 feet of 2.25" chrome tubing welded into a roll cage probably weighs about 7 million pounds, yeah, it might even out after all.

·
Registered
508 Posts
dude unless your driving a semi truck you dont double clutch a car.

warning: friends dont let friends learn to drive by watching the fast and furious.

also if having that many mods on a car plus the sc even with the weight of the cage i'm not impressed with a 14.6. thats not even a full second faster then my time with just an intake and axle back. my tires didn't have anything to do with it bc when i ran my 15.43 i had a 2.2 60'. i was getting 2.2 60' times with the stock tires. sorry this post makes me sound like a d!ck. didn't mean it to come over that way.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
There is nothing wrong with double clutching, yes you don't need to, but it doesn't hurt anything. The supercharger won't do anything for launch speed because torque isn't increased much, the main performance you will see from the charger is open road acceleration, evne 2nd and 3rd gear acceleration where the tC is lacking.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.