Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to combine the twm short shifter with the trd quickshifter? the trd one has that whole thing underneath the shifter and my question is if i was to put the twm short shifter on to that, would it make it even shorter??? that would be awesome

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
um, you would be the first person i have heard of trying such a thing. of course, the TWM being shorter may not reach from the mounting base to the cables, but it might. have fun trying it. not sure why you would want it to be any shorter than the TWM. ive been running it for a year and a half now, and its as short as it needs to be, imnsho.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
having driven yours, i have to agree. cant really get much shorter, or crisper that i can imagine

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
The shifter base has nothing to do with the "shortness" and the TRD base is identical to the stock one. I have both, and I have pics of both. They are as identical as modern manufacturing can make them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok. that sucks. i want it to be even shorter because i dont want to feel like i threw my money away. the trd shifter is to long for my tastes and i spent a lot of money on it. otherwise the twm is fine. i guess ill just get the twm anyway

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi,

If you want more information about the Scion TC shifter, click on the following link:

http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifter...ortshifters.htm

We offer 2 stages:

Stage 1:
- 0.5" height reduction
- 25% throw reduction
Stage 2:
- 2.5" height reduction
- 35% throw reduction

Hope it helps!

Jean-Sebastien

·
Registered
248 Posts
So TWM, when are you going to release that shift boot for the tc to compliment the short shifter.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Originally posted by kingross@Feb 10 2006, 05:50 AM
oh ok. that sucks. i want it to be even shorter because i dont want to feel like i threw my money away. the trd shifter is to long for my tastes and i spent a lot of money on it. otherwise the twm is fine. i guess ill just get the twm anyway
Eh. Are you looking for height reduction or throw reduction?

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Short does unfortunately have two meanings here. The classic meaning is shortening the throws, not the height, but apparently the import crowd has blurred that distinction to mean two possibilities now.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
That's what I don't like about them. I don't need my hand any farther from the wheel than it is stock.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
heh, I was just about to ask the same thing.

And to me, nothing beats the combination of short throws and stock height of the B&M.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I can't control production, I just got a prototype for testing and it is stellar. I'm sure when it becomes generally available it will be worth the wait, but Ken and Josh are closer to the source than I am.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ah, so it still exists, that's good. I wasn't so worried about actual production, I just haven't heard anything else about it.

Any estimates on when you can tell the rest of us curious little bastards the details on it?

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Everyone here knows as much as I do about when it will be available. Sooner would always be good, but I have no idea what is happening on that front.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.