Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would let you know that TRD is releasing a Quick Shifter for the tC and it will be available soon. It's going to reduce the throw about 20% and the shifter height will be close to the same as stock. I don't have a price yet, but I'll let you know.

Ken

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The shifter will come as a complete unit with the lever, housing, and tall leather shift knob. It will be a lot easier to change out as a unit, unlike most of the aftermarket ones. I'll have a price and pics a bit later.

Ken

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I have pricing finally. We have it for $234.95 and McGeorge is a few cents higher, but close. It is a 20% throw reduction with no drop in height. It is complete with hardware, housing, lever assembly, and the tall Leather TRD Shift Knob. Don't let the limited quantity thing bother anyone, we have a good amount that will be here in a few days and they have plenty coming at the end of February.

Ken

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Personally I like the TWM even though the install was a bitch

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, i like my twm. install on the second one was quicker. its that bottom clip. pain in the ass.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
ah, respectable again.
you can drive it on sunday. i wont be.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Nice. About time TRD got to making one. I was thinking about swapping out my TWM unit for this one, but then I like the short stubby shifter, and I'm happy with the stock shift knob. Oh, and $250 is a lot of money

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Any advantage for keeping the stock height with the 20% reduction?
What's the reduction on the TWM....35%? I think? Bueller? Bueller? Anybody?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ken, I also had a question for you about the B&M racing sport shifter, just saw it on your site, wanted some more details. I felt the description was very general, and would like some specifics if you have them available. What is the reduction %? Also, is the shaft shorter than stock? Pics would help too. How does B&M compare to TWM and TRD quick shifters? This price is much more reasonable than TRD.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Ken@Jan 28 2005, 12:38 PM
Just a thought. There's always ebay for the knob. It's pretty popular.
True, plus I've been thinking about the (classic shaped) TRD knob for a while, but did not want to pay $50-60 that it retails for, so if you can give me a good price, I'll take it off your hands.

·
Registered
30 Posts
if you go on ebay they're selling the twm for like 150 ish, without the shiftknob, By the way, i have a question that i would hope someone has the answer too... my friend has an Acrua RSX type-s and he just put in some pulley's or clips or somethin like that and it reduced the throw alot. is their something like that out for the scion tc.... and does anyone know what i am talkin about and what its called....???

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.