Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent seen anything out yet for the tc, but just had a thought today when I was at the dealer looking at the Red tc they had. I was wondering why TRD hastn come out with a grill yet for the tc like the one they make for the Matrix?? I think the one for the matrix is super duper hot and would look super duper on the tc.

Anway, random thought....

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
lol I actually don't think it looks that bad on the Matrix. However, I don't think I'd put that on a tC, simply cuz the tC grille isn't too big, and with holes this big in it, I don't think you'll really have much grille...making it look kinda bad.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Apr 21 2005, 05:07 PM
Well thank you all.
ah, zolitz, that wasnt a stab at you. i said i wouldnt be sad if they never made it for the tC. i wasnt commenting on the matrix.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
That grill was extremely popular among matrix people. People were paying upwards of $250 for it and I don't remember anybody mentioning anything about a big mistake. But markets are different, thus different tastes.

That matrix is the car I sold before getting the tC, btw. Used to have the TRD SC, CAI, suspension, 17" 15lbs Team Dynamics wheels, header, header-back exhaust. Dyno'd around 160whp.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you zoliz, as you are the only OTHER person on this site with similar taste as I.

Yes, that grill and NO not one EXACTLY like that, of course it would have to be one MADE FOR the tc. So of course it would be different, but the same style.

Like zolitz said, that grill was very very popular among matrix owners and people paid good money for a part that was merely asthetic and not very functional at all.

I iactually thought about getting one when I had my matrix.

I did btw email TRD with that question. If they are making one or if they had any info if one was in the works.

I was not impressed by the one on the RS 1.0 tc that was at the dealer today.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the pic I took on my phone of the RS 1.0 tc and what the grill looks like:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
whats wrong with the grill that the tC comes with??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, the pic isnt the greatest it was from my camera phone. but that grill wasnt much like the stock grill the holes were smaller.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I get what's being said about TRD releasing a grill for the tC. It would have to be different than that one, as I'm sure we all agree that something like that would not appeal to very many people. The idea that they would give us an alternative to our current (very limited) options is something much more appealing.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
It will leave unsightly holes and just a spot that looks like it's missing an emblem. Better way out is to paint the emblem black.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the info....but how would that look tho? painting it black i mean.....did u do that or uve seen it on someone elses? sorry for all the questions just think that the VVT-i emblem i got would look better on the grill by itself....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.