Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yes. there is no real hp gain. just like an intake. sound only.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I cant say how true this is, but a buddy of mine said he recieved 2whp
on the TRD axl back when he dyno'd. he tested before and after, but i have not seen proven results.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry thats what I meant, have cat back stuck in my head. considering I have the trd on my Fm tc, also we just put on a custom cat back on a Rx7 yesturday

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
How?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Maybe it's nothing but marketing.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Thanks, Josh. I can't remember what the stock tC dynos. 140 WHP? So. 2 WHP gain?

·
Registered
847 Posts
dunno... ive got a friend at work whos got a stock tC (no exhaust, some of the interior options though) and ill try to get him to dyno it on the next dyno day (~$45 for 30 mins compared to ~$60+ normally)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
But again like Lance and many others have said, when dyno-ing they have the hood open with fans blowing at the engine that accounts for the 2 whp gain but on the streets it may not give you the full 2 whp increase.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Dec 4 2005, 09:29 AM
But again like Lance and many others have said, when dyno-ing they have the hood open with fans blowing at the engine that accounts for the 2 whp gain but on the streets it may not give you the full 2 whp increase.
I think what you're trying to say is that dyno's do not correctly replicate real world conditions.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.