Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
well most here will say none or a slight gain, but I got my magnaflow and I could notice a slight different. The only things really you will notice is sound.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Mar 14 2005, 10:07 PM
well most here will say none or a slight gain, but I got my magnaflow and I could notice a slight different. The only things really you will notice is sound.
Was your magnaflow a catback, or just an axle-back like the TRD? Cuz I remember reading somewhere on CarDomain about a Magnaflow Catback that actually added some HP.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Its an exle back but I did have my exhaust redone with the new muffler on it so I guess you could say that it is "technically" a cat-back

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's hard to beat the axle back solution for ease of installation. That's really what you are paying for.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Z. still does not know what "righty tighty and lefty loosy" means.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Mar 17 2005, 08:55 AM
i think being russian might have something to do with that right?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by r2tc+Mar 17 2005, 04:37 PM-->QUOTE (r2tc @ Mar 17 2005, 04:37 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-zoltiz
@Mar 17 2005, 08:55 AM
i think being russian might have something to do with that right? [/b]
The bigger reason is that there is no left or right in a circular motion - there is clockwise and counterclockwise. But maybe it's a russian thing...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Mar 17 2005, 05:41 PM
The bigger reason is that there is no left or right in a circular motion - there is clockwise and counterclockwise. But maybe it's a russian thing...
Just think of it this way. If you start at a point at the top of the circle, if you move to the left, you'd be going counterclockwise; if you moved right, you'd be going clockwise. Think of getting onto I-285 from Peachtree Industrial over by my place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have the trd exhaust with the secret weapon intake and ram air kit. it def sounds awesome together and i feel like it adds a decent amount of power together. you can really feel it pull when u go over 2500 rpms.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by chineseboieee@Mar 14 2005, 09:04 PM
Hi im wondering if anyone knows exactly how much horses the TRD exhaust distributes.
The TRD is supposed to give a 2-3 HP increase. The Borla is supposed to be 5 or 6 depending on whether you use the TRD Air Filter that comes with it.

Ken

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.