Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just had my resonator cut off and replaced with straight pipe. Sounds mean now, doesn't sound like a weed-wacker. It's not overbearingly loud when you drive normal, it actually is kinda quiet if you drive like a normal daily driver kinda thing. Step on it and it has a mean growl.

Just thought I'd share that with you guys in case you were wondering, I know I was. I'll try to post a vid or something if I can.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Yeah, make couple of vids - like I did ( http://zoltiz.com/cars/tc/video ) - outside, inside, fly-by, maybe even normal drive-by - would be interesting to hear.

I tried removing a resonator on my Matrix, but I could only last about 1/2 mile from exhaust shop - turned around and asked them to put it back in.

On the tC - TRD muffler sounds mean enough, IMHO. I would not want it any louder.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by Tchi@Jan 17 2005, 03:35 PM
I wonder how it would sound if you replaced the stock resonator w/ a high flow one? Just a thought...
I'd guess way louder. I had 2 magnaflow resonators instead of 1 stock resonator on the same poor Matrix - sounded like crap. Good thing I had that car - taught me to be more reasonable on exhaust mods - I'm definitely very conservative when it comes to actually driving the car

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow thanks for the vid on the TRD exhaust, I heard the new injen one and I thought it sounded like crap. I like the trd sound and its made by Borla right? I wonder how much meaner the borla one is, but so far I really like the sound of the trd, i think i'll get it unless the borla one is way better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Before I buy the TRD exhaust, did you install it yourself and if not how much does installation on the trd usually run?

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Ask Plissken how the install went. I did it in the parking lot without jacking up his car
Took about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Feb 23 2005, 09:43 AM
More like 10 minutes.
When you are under the car in a cramped space with a hot muffler above your head the time flows differently.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Any welding involved?

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by BLsurfer@Feb 25 2005, 10:47 AM
Any welding involved?
If you are talking about just installing the TRD muffler - then there is no welding (see above: did it in a parking lot).

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
That new math is a biotch on us oldsters.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.