Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright something werid. i bought a "TRD exhaust" off ebay. I receive the item and looks good, sounds good, only thing was it sat back just a tad bit farther in then i would expect. I have a real deal TRD celica GTS with a TRD exhaust so i knew something was werid about it ... so after a little searching i noticed EVERYONE had a different TRD exhaust, i dont have any pictures yet but heres some from the auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7980139591 did i just get ripped??? or just don't know something?

·
Registered
658 Posts
For one i know that the TRD doesnt have the TRD sticker on. It's writen in the metal. that's the first time i see stickers. ?????????

·
Registered
266 Posts
It does not look like mine..and I got mine from a Scion Dealer. The TRD logo on mine is pressed in to the exhaust tip and is really deep. There is also no TRD logo on the muffler on mine. Unless there has been a change in the TRD exhaust I do not know about.. it looks like you got a knock off. There are tons of "TRD" items on ebay that are fakes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by 5hift gear@Jul 5 2005, 02:53 AM
Well its not stickers, its more like .. imprinted on it .. almost like its paint. I doubt stickers would last long on a nice hot exhaust.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7979141039

Interesting. The above link is to an item the same seller sold on ebay in early June. This is what mine looks like and the others I have seen. Any input from anyone who has seen a new design from real Scion/Toyota TRD dealers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i noticed that as well .. .he sold two different "TRD" exhaust. I've already notified the seller on the problem, pointed out the facts, showed him the pictures and even sent him a link to this forum. I hope to have this problem resolved quick. THANKS for all the replys and thanks Ken for all the help and i'll be buying a exhaust from you soon. I can't live with the fact that its not a real deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welllll .. the guy said he did'nt know and will send me another one by the end of this week !! .. yea .. theres a slight chance he might send another knock off but its a risk i have to take. Thanks again for all the input. BTW .. i took off the knock off exhaust today .. for a knock off they REALLY did do quality work on it. I'll have some pictures up soon.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Some knockoff stuff is of pretty good quality. The problem would be if you did have a problem and thought you had the real thing. Can you imagine going to a Scion dealer and complaining about something and finding out you have a non-TRD part? It is an experience I can do without. Nothing wrong with aftermarket stuff that you know is aftermarket though...if that is what you want. Good luck on the next one and hope the deal works out for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.