Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Damn search must be broken again.

Try here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The install went OK. Not a 15 min job for me. I did have to jack up the car. I couldn't work under the car without it up in the air. First off getting the original muffler off was a biotch. The 3 steel mushroom heads on the muffler that goes through the rubber hangers were difficult to get off through the hanger even using soap as recommended by the instructions.

Then I got the new muffler on only to find out that UPS modified (bent about 1/4")the mounting flange for me and prevented the bolts to attach to the flange above the axle properly. So, I had to take the TRD one off tweak the flange back straight and re-attach.

All is well and good now. about 75-90 minutes total for me, working by myself. Not hard, but not a 15min job either.

Took it out for a quick ride down the street. Sounds OK so far. Initial thoughts are that I expected it to be a little louder than it is. We'll see after some more seat time.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks for the info, nm3. Actually, I like how subtle it is. Before getting my tC, I test drove one that had it and it was noticeable but classy. Anyway, hope you like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.