Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to a exhaust shootout between different brands of exhaust. I know it is for a celica gts, and not a tc, but I'm guessing it would have some relevance to the tc. And if I'm correct, these are all axle back systems. I was surprised that the TRD did the best, and that the gains were approx. 5 hp / 5 lbs. torque

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0209tur_exhaust/

Hopefully the TRD for the tc will have similar results

What are your guys' opinions?

·
Registered
614 Posts
i read in a thread somewhere on here that the gain for the tc with the trd muffler is supposed to be 7-10hp. i don't really know if it is that much but it sure would be nice if it is.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Aug 30 2004, 06:57 PM
i read in a thread somewhere on here that the gain for the tc with the trd muffler is supposed to be 7-10hp. i don't really know if it is that much but it sure would be nice if it is.
ehm...I think half of that would be an amazing acheivement for an axle back system.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yeah, an AXLE back system will not give you nearly the gains that a whole car back out... I may go to the shop where my pseudo father in law works and have him weld my a piece to make the TRD a cat back system. Not sure though.... I'm sure the TRD exhaust will help a bit... but not as much as you'd hope.

·
Registered
999 Posts
You know... is there any pictures close up with the regular exhaust? I mean if its the unshiny crap bronze colored metal, I would go for the TRD since I can't stand the cheap look (go stare at a Honda Civic puny exhaust (stock mind you)).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts