Scion tC Forums banner

TRD exaust worth it?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  phungy 
#1 ·
hey guys... i'm about to get a tc.. but i dont no about the options.. should i just get the entire car stock? or should i add the trd exaust? i dnot no... i could always go for a aftermarket exaust kit... greddy or apexi.. and is the lowering by the dealership worth it? or should i buy the whole kit, and den lower it myself?

#2 ·
welcome to the site. congrat on your upcoming tC. the trd exhaust is a nice can, in my opinion. i think it sounds really good. the price at the dealer is the installed price, and it is not a bad choice at all to include it in your deal. also, if you are mechanically inclined, you may want to do the install yourself, and purchase the exhaust from one of the other retailers and save some dough. greddy and apexi make quality products as well, will be closely priced with the trd (actually made by borla), but will most likely be louder. hope that helps. oh, and since i have the power to do so, i have moved this post into the proper forum. no big deal, just letting you know. again, welcome to the site.

#3 ·
Welcome and if you search around, you will find some audio/video clips of tC members with the TRD exhaust. I also think it sounds great but I do not have one myself. It definitely looks better than the other exhausts out on the market cause it doesn't look like a fart can but it is an axle back. Not saying that axle backs aren't great but if you are looking for power then you should go with a cat back but it sound and looks are more important then you should go with the TRD exhaust.

#5 ·
i actually saw/heard a tc with the trd yesterday...first time in person, i gotta say i want impressed, it sounded realg good at idle and low rpms, but when he got on it, the car seemed quiet. it would prob be good if youre looking for something conservative...personally i prefer power over looks and i dont care if its loud :-D im actually goin into midas and my buddy and i are putting a can on the back and a test pipe where the 2nd cat is, with the exception of the s-pipe any other real restrictions ill prob do as well. heres hoping that it sounds good, ill try and get a video clip once its done

ok now that im done hijacking, you can have ur thread back

#7 ·
i like the trd a lot, it sound really good and it all stainless, mine is installed with a 421 dc sports headers with it and i like the way it sound ;) ;) :innocent:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.