Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the deal with it? how is it different from the stock? how would tc people benefit... i don't know any answer, but this is just to start a good info thread just in case there isn't any...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
An aftermarket cluch such as the TRD clutch is going to be able to handle harder shifting and launching without losing power or killing your clutch (as fast). Its a more durable clutch from a racing perspective, but if you don't plan on doing competitive racing, i'd dont really see that its worth it. Chances are, the clutch pedal will be harder to press down due to the "heavier" clutch. Also, starts in first gear will no longer feather... basically the clutch will grab harder and faster than the stock clutch... hope this helps

·
Registered
936 Posts
The tC people will start to benefit once the stage 2 and 3 are release for the supercharger kit. High horspower motors will eat up stock clutches after a while. - T

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Does anyone have this upgrade besides me? I noticed the difference from the stock clutch was that the TRD lets out really close to the floor? Does anyone else have this happening...? Is the 'let out/grab' point adjustable? According to my dealer - no. "That's the way it is... It's different." Just curious.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I looked at the TRD clutch and ordered CM Stage 2 kevlar one. Cheaper and longer lasting, plus clutch is not warranted anyway, so why bother with TRD?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Jan 17 2006, 06:50 AM
I looked at the TRD clutch and ordered CM Stage 2 kevlar one. Cheaper and longer lasting, plus clutch is not warranted anyway, so why bother with TRD?
because I bought it with the car in October 2005.
I just got it installed... (January 2006)

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ is it a 2 piece or three piece kit? new plate, disc, and pilot? because i was under the impression it they didnt offer a disc in the kit.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
The pics show a disc, but it's a stock disc. I don't get the point of a stock disc and just a stiffer pressure plate for the price they are asking. I'd bet Andrew's setup will be both better and longer lived. Kevlar is very hard to beat for a clutch material.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
well, then that's my bad... I do like it though. Sorry if I made a bad decision. But like I said, I do like it and it will suffice until I have a need for something better - which I probably wont.

But the ultimate thing is this: I had no extra money for any other aftermarket upgrades. I wanted a certain couple things, so I purchased them with the car price. It was easier on my wallet that way. But for those wondering, there is definitely a difference. I like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts