1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Who makes them? Are they Performance Friction or somebody else?

How did you know I was looking for new pads in another window?

·
Registered
272 Posts
how aabout material? metallic? semi-metallic? iis that price for all 8 pads or just the front wheels?

EDIT just checked the site and saw they are for the front.....figured that would have been too good to be true

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sparks site says "TRD HP Carbon Metallic" with a little tm for trademark. Performance Friction's site says "Carbon Metallic" and has the little r for registered trade mark. Sounds like TRD is using PF again, or somebody is in trouble for misusing a trademark.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Feb 25 2005, 02:53 PM
Sparks site says "TRD HP Carbon Metallic" with a little tm for trademark. Performance Friction's site says "Carbon Metallic" and has the little r for registered trade mark. Sounds like TRD is using PF again, or somebody is in trouble for misusing a trademark.
Is this good or bad? I've never heard of Performance Friction, but I've never looked at brake pads much before now.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I had TRD/PF on my Supra. They were the worst pads I have ever used on a street car. The first stop of the day was always a crap shoot to see if they'd actually stop you in time.

I've been told their full race stuff is excellent, but their street stuff isn't even in the same ballpark.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, for anyone who cares, the pads are made for TRD by a company named Centric ( I hope I spelled that right). They will be here in a couple of days and the price will be the same for a couple of weeks and eventually will go up a dollar to $38.95.

Ken

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Thanks Ken! As always, you rock!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.