Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'd rather go aftermarket or get the 18" Non-TRD wheels. I'd worry about the 19" touching the sides. If I had a tC
I'd go 18" max.

Plus those look like an alternate version of the stock rims... better looking... but still looks the same.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE ( ERIC on another thread reguarding 19" wheels/tires)
Personally, I think 18"s are the perfect fit, or lowered on 17"s. I don't think I've seen a tC lowered on 18"s yet...

Here's a link to UrbanRacer.com & their review/pics:
http://urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=957

& this is what they had to say...
The Beyonce-sexy optional 19” inch TRD wheels were not as harsh-riding as you would think and there is only a minimal amount of rubbing – only in heavy turns. The caveat to running the 19” wheel is of course, like in any other car, the dulled responses and heavy-footed feel of having 19” worth of unsprung mass at each corner (like asking Shaq to do a Irish jig).[/b]
[/b][/quote]

but, they look neat.

·
Registered
614 Posts
they look really nice, but they are way too expensive. trd charges way too much for their wheels. i think they're pretty heavy too. i was thinking about getting them in the future but i'm going to stay with my custom 17s. they're the best size.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
My thoughts are that I can't imaging paying $2,750 for wheels of ANY kind, but that's probably not very helpful to you.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was just posting the picture because I thought the wheels looked nice. Price really doesn't matter; Thats what Ebay is for.

·
Registered
614 Posts
last time i looked there was a set on ebay. it was going for around $2,500. not much of a difference. maybe they will be cheaper when the hype dies down?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Oct 10 2004, 01:07 PM
they look really nice, but they are way too expensive. trd charges way too much for their wheels. i think they're pretty heavy too. i was thinking about getting them in the future but i'm going to stay with my custom 17s. they're the best size.
I got the 18's and they rock. You have 225/40 18/ w Pzero Nero Vs. 215/45 17 z w Pots. No Costest it was well worth it.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Ummm no. not nice. i dont like.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I think that 18s are marginal on the tC, and that anything bigger looks silly.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
McGeorge is selling these 19s for $1250 now. With rubber. Awesome deal, and these racing harts are actually lighter than stock 17s and look badass!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Oct 17 2004, 11:18 PM
^^^ U mean w/o rubber right???
Yup, Cin, you are right - I mis-read. Says "Whee/Tire Set LESS TIRES". How can it be a wheel/tire set if it does not have tires?
Paul almost got me there. Good thing I was not planning on buying them anyway....

·
Registered
843 Posts
I realize that many of you already know, but TRD has dropped all of the Scion Wheels and Tires. They have some for warranty, but are no longer selling them. If you do want a set, you will need to find someone who is stocking them before they run out. Not me, I don't have any left.

ken

1 - 20 of 25 Posts