Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm coming home on Saturday from a wedding with two passengers. Some car's been tailing me down a two lane side street, refusing to pass me despite an open lane. Finally after 5 minutes or so, the driver decides to pull up alongside of me at a set of lights. And as logic in the ghetto would have it, rather than pass me on all the other opportunities he wants to pull a slick move and cut ahead of me because 50 yards or so ahead of us, his path is blocked by parked cars.

Seeing as how the driver's been a jacka$$, I decide I'm going to give him a run for his money and put a little stress on that disgusting piece of engineering. When the lights finally turn green we both hit the gas and surprise surprise, my TC is neck and neck with the behemoth. This was a pleasant surprise seeing as how I've got an auto, was carrying two passengers, wasn't flooring it, and have far fewer HPs than the SS.

As we both approach the merger into a single lane, I decide to play it nice and lay off the gas as opposed to trapping the Impala and forcing it to plow into a long line of parked cars.

I'm not a racer, so as mellow as this may seem to some of the more experienced racers here, this was EXCITING for me (sad, I know).

So I guess I lost the short race
But in the end, I still won

Oh yeah, the engine sounds soooo purrrtty when it's pushed.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Thanks for having the good sense not to be a total dick and chop off the tuna boat.

Bet it was fun, eh?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The Impala SS is a goregeous feat of GM engineering. That car is HOT.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I took one on a back road, he had a license plate of impaler and tried losing me, fact of the matter is that it's a 2 ton senior citizen/police car w/ a stiffened suspension. Can't handle worth a crap or brake therefore anything but a straight line it will lose, pretty much like a older marauder.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 21 2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks for having the good sense not to be a total dick and chop off the tuna boat.

Bet it was fun, eh?
Another Tuna Comment???? And both about different chevies, im thinking your a hater....

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You didn't see my sig? Doesn't it say something about imagining new h8tr stuff to post? I live for it.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by 2cudas@Mar 23 2005, 10:33 PM
Another Tuna Comment???? And both about different chevies, im thinking your a hater....
Is it his fault that Chevys have a legendary reputation for unreliability? I don't think so.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's my fault for owning a few! Thankfully, they were all ridiculously cheap because the owners needed to bail on them for major issues.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yeah my last car was a Cavalier. And it had no problems...so either
A) I was lucky
B) I'm not really a car-beater since I can keep a Cavalier alive.
C) Insert your favorite comment here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4+Mar 24 2005, 02:06 PM-->QUOTE (basilisk4 @ Mar 24 2005, 02:06 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-2cudas
@Mar 23 2005, 10:33 PM
Is it his fault that Chevys have a legendary reputation for unreliability? I don't think so. [/b]
What an utterly useless comment. You do realise that there is a big difference in the 80's domestic quality control, and the 90's and 00+ I hope. Hell, most 80's and early 90's cars were junk.

I havent had a problem with any newer chevy. I own two f-bodies. 00 and 02. Both are raced, one is soon to be in the 10's, and the biggest problem I have had (other then rear ends) was a driveshaft. However, of those two major problems, both were due to drag strip abuse, not the car itself, although I do wish they were beefier. I like your car, its a cool car for whats out there now, but you dont have to be a dick.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I may have been pointing out the obvious, but that's all. Late 80s Toyotas and Hondas were ugly but ridiculously reliable, which is the primary reason that they have made up so much market share in the U.S. in the last 20 years. I have heard a lot of talk about how Detroit has been putting out better cars lately, but their reliability ratings have remained in the toilet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.