Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

I got a 2006 manual transmission Scion Tc with around 140k miles and was wondering what type of transmission fluid it takes.

I’ve been all over the threads and am confused which one works best such as Redline MT90, ENEOS GL5, etc and just don’t know which one is most recommended and best.

ALSO, is it a good option just to go to a local shop to get a transmission flush? I’ve heard mixed opinions about flushs vs draining it.

t

· Registered
18 Posts
I went with royal purple when I did mine, I believe it was 70w-90 manual gear oil but I am sure you can just go to your local parts store and ask them to look up what manual gear oil to put in it.

· Registered
36 Posts
Hey fellas,

I got a 2006 manual transmission Scion Tc with around 140k miles and was wondering what type of transmission fluid it takes.

I’ve been all over the threads and am confused which one works best such as Redline MT90, ENEOS GL5, etc and just don’t know which one is most recommended and best.

ALSO, is it a good option just to go to a local shop to get a transmission flush? I’ve heard mixed opinions about flushs vs draining it.

t
Yeah, when I changed my clutch, also drained my gear oil and put in 80-90 wt. I believe with my high miles on it, didn't want to lower than 80w.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts