Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of putting a trailor hitch on my tc when i get it, i know alot of you are going whaaaaaaat? i dont know if the tc can tow or not, my moms 2.0 se sentra has no problem towing. im not going to be towing anything that heavy, only a waverunner and possibly a motorcycle on a trailor.
any help? thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
The manual says you should not tow at all with the tC

·
Registered
61 Posts
According to the manual, you should not tow.

According to the dealership, you can tow, but it's not recommended. The tC was not designed to tow anything. Not to say that it can't, it's just not within recommended design specifications. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey, my buddy Matt has a 2005 Flint Mica TC and I have a 2006 Silver TC. He had a tow hitch installed on his and had it tucked as far back as possible so its not that noticable. I was gonna get one on mine but im not anymore. I only needed it to tow a 2005 250cc Yamaha dirt bike and a 2005 YZF-R1 motorcycle. We now use my buddys car for our dirt bikes and it works fine. I wouldn't recommend towing anything really heavy at all. A wave runner would be fine. Its just like any other car.

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here's the hitch I made. I just use it for my bike rack, but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to tow a load with a low tounge weight. There are nuts welded in the chasis that apear to be for a trailer hitch so that's what it's bolted to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, thanks for the info guys, but do any of you know where i can find one to fit the tc? or isnt one made? maybe i measure it out, where you bolted yours, and find one the same length? thanks again

·
Registered
832 Posts
Keep the tounge weight as low as possible if you decide to do this. I put about 350lbs of wood in the back of my car the other day and found the handling to be spooky at best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.