Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an auto tc and wanted to trade in and get a manual, but they wouldnt give me a good trade in, so far i was able to try and get a full trade in for these two cars.. i am looking for the fastest car in the same price range, and that has led me to the srt-4. let me know what you guys think. thanks.
my choices so far are the srt-4, cobalt ss supercharged.. is there anything else that you think i should be looking at.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I'd get another tC.... American cars are generally less reliable.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Ion Redline, supercharged. Colbalt SS supercharged , Dodge Neon SRT-4.

Go with the ion, what do you trust more..Japanese manufactured cars? or American's Chevy or Dodge? ALthough the colbalt SS's are pretty nice for what they are. But A few of my friends have Redlines..pretty nice..around the price of a tC. you should be happy.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The srt-4 was kind of fun to drive, but no where as refined as the tC. Not as bad as a Jeep, but I would not have it as an everyday car unless I took it into the shop and really modded the clutch.

What I mean is this. Doing 0-60 runs on the dodge were fun, but having to mess with the stiff clutch in heavy traffic would make me miss the tC all that much. In addition, you have to get used to the POS interior.

For the power, it is well priced. Best thing about it was that at the end of the day, I had a great time driving it. But what was even better was that I did not own it.

GA tC
(former dodge salesman)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do not go with Chevy or Dodge. Especially the cobalt! I heard hundreds of problems with it thats why i opted NOT to buy it.

I'd go with the RSX or new Civic. But personally, I'd keep the tC.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you're not going w/ another tc then perhaps you should look at the new Civic SI. It's plenty fast and it's most likely pretty darn reliable.

I personally still like the tc better though...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wanted to go with the new civic si, but do you think that i would get a reasonable trade in for my tc? with the srt-4 i would only have to pay the difference of 2,000 which is good because scion said i would have to pay 3 - 4,000.. so what do you think.

·
Registered
866 Posts
lol, you don't go back to the same people you bought a car from to sell it back. If you wan't another tC, sell yours in the paper, online, etc. If you wan't anything else, you'd be ok to go to the dealer to sell your car.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I still don't get why people come to a Scion tC site asking what other car they should buy, or trade their tC in on. /boggle

In any case... If I didn't buy a tC, I would've bought an Acura RSX Type-S most likely (or a Celica if I went the used car route). The Civic Si's are nice, but you know everybody and their brother is going to have one. And everybody and their brother who doesn't have one is going to want to race you because you have one. It's like driving around with a big bullseye decal on your rear window.

I hate to say it, but krdshrk is right... most American cars blow in terms of reliabilty. I doubt I would buy a Cobalt or an Ion or an SRT4.

EDIT: Just spend some time making sure you know what you want. It sounds like you bought the automatic tC without a lot of forethought since you're already trying to get rid of it. It's hard to keep a straight head when you get "car fever", so good luck making the right choice to suit your needs.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It's not that american cars lack just reliability, but it's the harshness they have about them. It's the crude sounding engines, the tacky interior, the cheap look, the fit and finish.. I could go on, but I'll stop. The above is why I didn't even consider any american car. I decided between an RSX, an RSX-S, and of course, my tC.

Guess who won?

·
Registered
461 Posts
hm...what's wrong with your tC and why do you want to get rid of it all of a sudden? Is it the car or is it a payment issue?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Originally posted by ekafgsr@Jan 28 2006, 02:51 AM
i don't have a tc yet but i did decide choosing tc over the STI ,but then i'm debating whether the tc or the srt-4, cuz i'm obessed with speed i like the srt-4 but RELIABILITY plays a big part so leaning towards the tc which is a good thing
Um, it's a neon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.