Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm almost finished paying on my Tc, never thought I'd consider trading it in when I bought it. So the car I want to pick up is an Impreza WRX STI. Yes I know its much, much more expensive but how many of you guys out there would do the same? My insurance company quoted me $100 more for a 6 month period, thought it would me a lot more. Not comparing the two cars at all. What do you think? Would you stick with your tc's and spend the money else where?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i would stick with the tC, and spend the money on a supercharger

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I can't even pretend not to be biased on this one, but keeping the tC and saving your money (or even buying a supercharger with part of the difference) is clearly a better financial decision than trading the tC and buying a WRX.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My first choice was an STi, just couldn't afford it. It is twice the price than a tC, but it is also a pretty sweet ride.

That's a tough decision in my mind. I love my tC, but there is something about the STi that just kicks ass!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
i'm also considering selling my tc, i just didn't realize how much i'd miss my jeep wrangler, i thought it was just a phase, but its a state of mind!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by kurker@Dec 28 2005, 05:09 AM
tC runs on 87 octane

WRX needs 91 or 93 (pending on what is available in your state)

Toyota > Subaru (this is coming from a big Subaru fan too)

Save your money, enjoy not having a car payment.
has it!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I'd stick with the tC. Toyota reliability is better than that of Subaru, and a WRX would just cost you more in the long run. It's not even that much better of a car!

Edit:
I'm looking at Consumer Guide's Review - the WRX STI got a rating of 42 - class average is 52..

I personally wouldn't get the WRX

·
Registered
895 Posts
I would keep the TC. But, if you are going to trade it in, get a year old EVO. I like them more. You can get one that is a year old for 24-25 thousand with low miles. But, the decision is yours. Plus there are more mods available for the EVO.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Word. I'd keep the tC.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Sloganizer.net
My way is your mom
It's getting a little spooky out there Marty.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man, it really help hearing the replies on this one. Reading this thread, I can't help but realize how impracticle my decision would be. I would like to say that 2006 consumer reports did give the sti a pretty good rating though and is recommended, but that's besides the points you guys made.

Tell me this though, would you get the supercharger? The numbers people are laying down at the strip (0-60 in mid 6's) doesn't really justify $4k. My biggest fear is that our engines weren't desgined to boost (unlike the sti) and therefore I'd be very worried about the wear over time. Then again it's a low boost and a late boost at that. I can't see a 40hp gain being enough to do any harm. The fact that the s/c doesn't void warranty isn't big on me. With the kind of driving I do, I'll have 100k miles on this thing in 5 years. Would like to know It'll still run well.

Thanks for talking some cense in to me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.