Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2006 scion tc about 3 n a half months ago with auto transmission. I regret it now after i learned 5 spd and was thinking of trading it in. Does anyone have any ideas on how much money I will lose or has anyone done it before.Mmy car has 1800 miles on it and is in real good condition inside and out.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Maybe try finding a 3rd party to sell it to? You might make more than what you paid...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I suggest you sell it privately then go buy either a used 5 spd or a new one.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by beezy@Nov 14 2005, 01:19 PM
I got a 2006 scion tc about 3 n a half months ago with auto transmission. I regret it now after i learned 5 spd and was thinking of trading it in. Does anyone have any ideas on how much money I will lose or has anyone done it before.Mmy car has 1800 miles on it and is in real good condition inside and out.
the trade for a tC is kinda strong. i know ( and shouldn't post publicly) what they are buying used tCs for at auction and it is pretty strong. you might lose a bit, you will lose your tax and licence AND you will need to pay for that again with the new car.

Here are the options that you have, and they are all good.
(listed according to how much money you lose. low to high dollar loss)

1) suck it up and keep your automatic
2) sell the car private party for what you owe, or at least try.
3) sell your car to CARMAX. sometimes they really hook up the seller.
4) trade it in for the manual tC at your dealership.

In the ABSOLUTE best case, you will break even. but, this is unlikely. Bottom line, unless you know somebody at the dealership that you can call a friend, you are going to lose some money.

you should probably wait a little bit, maybe a year or so to bring down the amount you owe. Then, try to trade into the manual tC.

good luck.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, ill tlk to my uncle about it then. hes the head of sales management at the dealership for the toyota branch there, but not the scion. prolly see what he suggests also, but thnx for all the advice on the matter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.