Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since kbb.com finally published trade-in values for several '05 cars I looked up my tC - nothing on it, 5-speed, 9200 miles - says $13400, so I lost $3K so far - not bad at all. (That's trade-in value, good condition).

Feeling good I went a little further and looked up '05 Civic Si - New is about $19300, kbb.com trade-in with 9200 miles and all standard equipment is $11900. So if you own a year old '05 Si you lost $8K. Congrats.

My reaction - ROFL!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's awesome.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cool.

Trade-in for mine: $14,950 (this obviously doesn't include any add-ons like my 6-cd changer and dimming mirror)

Private Party Sale: $17,365

Not bad.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
not bad? hypothetically, you're not losing any money on the private party sale! That's friggin awesome. Thank you Toyota gods, thank you.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
According to KBB, my car with 5600 miles on it is worth $16990. That's more than a new one retails for. Our cars have actually appreciated!!! HA!!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hahaha, my car's retail value with 13000 miles on my 5sp, no extras is 18,065 in my area...that's about the same price I paid for it last august with taxes included, lol. I highly doubt that I could actually sell it for that much, when you can get a brand new one for the same price.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you really want to see something funny, look up the value for an american car like a neon or focus. Import cars hold value a lot longer just because they last for years, look at how many 88 model toyota's are still on the road. I read an article a couple months ago that said import cars excluding Hyundia last 50% longer than american cars, american cars are just now starting to catch up with them but not much.

I know I had a friend who bought a camero and dealer told him after 30K miles he'll start looking for a new car, after 100K miles if its still running hes doing great. The only good american cars out there are mustangs and the old muscle cars.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I gotta agree with you on that one too, my friend has a 93 cobra svt, got it as a hand me down from his brother, who bought it new. The damn thing has 193K miles +, all he ever changed was oil, never had a problem. That thing is like a tank.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I love what you do for me, Toyota! (singing)

My trade-in value for MY tC would be $25,000 and not a penny less. That is what its value is to ME, at least!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
actually this is funny because I work at a car dealership and we got this '03 VW golf GTI 1.8t 5 speed in. This car was beautiful, I fell in love........ long story... VWs and I have had a long history of lust..... at anyrate, I went over to my buddy who is a saleman and told him I wanted to test drive it. WHile I did that he got my car appraised by their used car manager.... They offered me $15,850 for it as trade in. That is HUGE! I was shocked, so they must figure theyd be able to turn around and sell if for just about what I paid for it. It is literally perfect, and only 6,500 miles after almost a year of ownership, but I was shocked to hear that! Made me happy!

Oh yeah, and when I said my car is in Literally perfect condition I just mean that there are no knicks, no dents, dings, scratches, anything... anywhere. I'm a new car detailer and work, and keeping and making cars perfect is what I do. If you dont believe me, i'll go and take pictures up close of every inch of my car LOL!

Ohhhhhh yeah! and another PS.... I was NOT impressed with the GTI at all. The shifts were sloppy and not smooth and exact like the tC.... The tC has it allllll over that car as far as cabin room, power, agility, gas mileage. THe only thing I like about the GTI better was their gauges... I love that purple and redish color.... sooo hott!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.