1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Better than Echo. There was a time when I wanted a Yaris, but I lived in Europe and did not have to account for H2s and Expeditions going 90mph...

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Oct 13 2005, 08:40 PM
i thought yaris and echo r the same thing...

the center dash thing is TOTALLY scion
that center dash was actually introduced on the Echo. the xA, xB, and Yaris share the Echo platform. same 1.5L 4cyl. only the shell and interior change between models. the Yaris is the official Toyota entry into the subcompact class, effectively replacing the Echo in north america.

i would not rock a Yaris any more than i would have an Echo, but my wife had a 00 Echo, and loved it. and she would love to have a Yaris. weird. if i could get one soon enough to replace my now totaled matrix, i would get it for her.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I want to drive a 5-speed hatch Yaris. Local dealer is supposed to call me when they get them.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
at the launch, i'm told, there was one that was tricked out and sick looking. the guy who told me that information, also said that, it looked like a rollerskate while stock.

the sedan we have is a manual transmission, i think i will be trying it out tonight.

i might try to get some pix too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.