1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fine-N

The Fine-S

The CS&S

The CS&S is a 4-wheel-drive mid-engine 2+2 sports car. Employing Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive,� an electric motor drives the front wheels, while a gas engine and electric motor in combination drive the rear. CS&S also unveils "Toyota Space Touch," where the driver selects functions by "touching" holographic projections.

The PM

The PM is a personal mobility vehicle that "fits like a glove" to create a feeling of unity between the driver and the vehicle. Cutting-edge vehicle-to-vehicle communications technologies are employed under the concept of "meeting, linking and hanging out together".

The Alessandro Volta

In 1800, Alessandro Volta arranged zinc and copper discs in a column and invented the battery. 204 years later, Toyota has electrified automotive history with the first high-performance hybrid, named in his honor. The Giugiaro-designed carbon-fiber body seats three people abreast and features "drive-by-wire" controls, allowing you to position the steering wheel and pedals in front of any one of them. And the Volta's 408-hp Hybrid Synergy Drive� (a 3.3-liter V6 with an electric motor for each axle) not only delivers 435 miles on a 13.7-gallon tank, but 0-60 acceleration in a mere four seconds. Somewhere, Count Volta is smiling.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly what are you basing that decision on? the quick pics i posted? holographic technology in a roadster is crap? smart link between cars is crap? what are you thinking?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Now i got thoughts of the future. Hope cars don't be turning out like those conecpt pics.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ no doubt. and i am seriously into the PM. i think that would be a fine thing to have in the garage, and there would be meets and clubs and rallys i am certain. think of how interesting it would be. it would be a cult. like ours. but even more quirky.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The only one that I have any interest in is the Volta, and it doesn't matter much because it will never come out.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aww, marty, your so negative all the time.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ohhh man I wish photobucket wasn't blocked at work. Now i have to wait until I get home to see what these things look like.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wasnt everything a concept vehicle at some point?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Nov 13 2005, 02:07 PM
wasnt everything a concept vehicle at some point?
Was it? I mean, obviously someone had to conceptualize it, but these "concept vehicles" never seem to come to fruition...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
and about 6 years ago, toyota introduced the bBx concept, which is strikingly similar to the current bB and xB.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Concept vehicles are usually used as design exercises to establish future styling directions, features, drivetrain layouts and brand identity. The concept car is the extreme version of the production car to be. While i think the cCX was an ugly concept car you can see that it explored a lot of the features that made it into the tC. Such as; a high beltline, all glass roof, styling lines, interior layout, etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.