Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...

Apparently I didn't get "ToyoGuard" when I got my Tc... I was wondering if it was anything I could do now to protect my paint and so fourth. I've washed my car three times already (every Sat/Sun). This is my first new car (had two used cars prior), and I really want to take care of it...

I plan on waxing it... but I don't even know how often I should really wax my car.

Any tips/ideas would be VERY appreciated... thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think that the general consensus is the Toyoguard is not worth the paper it is printed on. I am sure someone will correct me if they think I am wrong.

As for waxing, where do you live? Is it in a garage or kept out in the sun? Is it under some trees, like oak?

Lots of variables here. Garaged cars could do twice a year with a good wax if you don't live in snowy climes. If you live in a more aggresive clime, then more often. Invariably, you are done in by the time you have versus the weather and available weekends. Mine stays outside under an oak, so I used a car cover and wax it about three times a year using Klasse.

You could default to the general rule of thumb which is when water no longer beads on the surface, time to wax!

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Another $5 worth of ToyoGuard substitute - get a can of Scotchguard at walmart and spray your seats and carpet. Get regular scotchguard and follow directions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone for their input...

I thought ToyoGuard wasn't worth much, especially when the salesman didn't really mention it except for the windows being etched. But I recently went to a friends house and he was saying how his car came with ToyoGuard, etc. So, it just made me curious.

In any case, my car is kept outside and is mainly under a tree (not oak though). It has these little annoying little leaves though... LOL. I'll go ahead with that original statement thought... when the water stops to bead. Otherwise, I'll do it 3-4 times a year.

... And good idea with the Scotchguard... I'll get that during my next trip to Target!

Thanks again...
- AJ

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by GA tC@Nov 1 2004, 06:37 PM
I think that the general consensus is the Toyoguard is not worth the paper it is printed on. I am sure someone will correct me if they think I am wrong.

As for waxing, where do you live? Is it in a garage or kept out in the sun? Is it under some trees, like oak?

Lots of variables here. Garaged cars could do twice a year with a good wax if you don't live in snowy climes. If you live in a more aggresive clime, then more often. Invariably, you are done in by the time you have versus the weather and available weekends. Mine stays outside under an oak, so I used a car cover and wax it about three times a year using Klasse.

You could default to the general rule of thumb which is when water no longer beads on the surface, time to wax!

Cheers!
Just a little more input and btw, I'm with ya on picking Klasse products.

I just wanted to add that Klasse is an acrylic protectant and not a wax. Klasse has great durability and does last for months before requiring additional coats of the sealant. Because I like additional protection and also want more depth I top it with wax. Just thought I'd add this.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by Tchi@Nov 1 2004, 07:15 PM

I just wanted to add that Klasse is an acrylic protectant and not a wax. Klasse has great durability and does last for months before requiring additional coats of the sealant. Because I like additional protection and also want more depth I top it with wax. Just thought I'd add this.
Cool, another Klasse person!
It made my Z3 look superb and does well on the tC as well, just don't use it on the glass roof -- takes forever to buff out.

I like your idea on the wax. I may have to try that when the Gods of Time smile upon me again!

Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by GA tC+Nov 2 2004, 02:04 PM-->QUOTE (GA tC @ Nov 2 2004, 02:04 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Tchi
@Nov 1 2004, 07:15 PM

I just wanted to add that Klasse is an acrylic protectant and not a wax.  Klasse has great durability and does last for months before requiring additional coats of the sealant.  Because I like additional protection and also want more depth I top it with wax.  Just thought I'd add this. 
It made my Z3 look superb and does well on the tC as well, just don't use it on the glass roof -- takes forever to buff out.

I like your idea on the wax. I may have to try that when the Gods of Time smile upon me again!

Thanks! [/b]
I just noticed that your tC is BSP like mine...good choice
If you're looking for a wax you might want to consider Pinnacle Souveran cause it really gives the paint a rich and deep glow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by Tchi+Nov 2 2004, 04:47 PM-->QUOTE (Tchi @ Nov 2 2004, 04:47 PM)
Originally posted by GA [email protected] 2 2004, 02:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Tchi
@Nov 1 2004, 07:15 PM

I just wanted to add that Klasse is an acrylic protectant and not a wax.  Klasse has great durability and does last for months before requiring additional coats of the sealant.  Because I like additional protection and also want more depth I top it with wax.  Just thought I'd add this. 

Thanks!
I just noticed that your tC is BSP like mine...good choice
If you're looking for a wax you might want to consider Pinnacle Souveran cause it really gives the paint a rich and deep glow.
[/b]
Ditto on the Klasse products, big fan! Great alternative to zaino products. Hey tchi throw me some pictures with souveran, im dying try it on the tC. I just added another coat of s100 this weekend, this time I removed the wax with the pc and the results are insane.

Check out this link that I found on souveran, I want that result on the tC

X

x

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I received my container of Pinnacle Souveran last week. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but will be sure to post pics when I do. I'm going to try to wax this evening when I get home from work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts