Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a trailer hitch for a Scion tC? Toyota finally came out with a hatchback with enough torque to tow a small boat. Is there a hitch from toyota available for the tC? I know its new but the frame is based on a toyota car sold in Europe so maybe there is a hitch for it. If not, I'll have to wait to get mine because I have to go fishing! Thanks for any info.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
you are going to have to wait for an aftermarket for certain. i know of no plans for toyota to put anything like that out. draw-tite is supposed to have completed one for the xB by now, so that took them about a year to get done. if they make one for the tC, it could take as long. with the body design different for the tC vice the Avensis platform in europe, even if they make a hitch for the avensis, it would most likely not be adaptable for the tC. but, you never know. i will look into it a little and let you know if i can find anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know you are probably right. I wonder if it would void any warranties? Can anyone tell me if the frame in the back of the car
looks like it would support a hitch? Would the exhaust piping get in the way? Thanks, Joe

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
the stock canister may be in the way. it runs along nearely the entire bumper. if you were to have someone attempt it, you would have to go across the rear with a solid bar to the sides of the frame, and it would have to run inbetween the bumber and exhaust. depending on how its done, it is possible.
as for warranties - if it is determined that the tow hitch, or the act of towing a boat with your tC is the primary cause of anything that may go wrong, yep - no more warranty. its like airbags - go ahead and do it, and it wont mess with your warranty, unless they caused the issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that right? A salesman said a hitch for the tc comes out in Dec. and a salesman would never lie "sarcasticly" For real, the manual says the tc can't tow a trailer? This could be a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts