Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
These pictures are painful to look at...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
damn indeed! where's the rest of that car?

·
Registered
453 Posts
dude if it wasnt for the tire, i never could have guessed

·
Registered
72 Posts
I dont know what the speed limit is there, but I'm sure he was way over from the looks of the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
he was trying not to hit a racoon on the road, instead he went off the road and hit a pole

he got lucky

no jackass driving or semi trucks involved

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry, but the damage from the **** would have cost much less than the pole. I'm guessing 80+ mph.

·
Registered
22 Posts
for some reason, i cant believe that was the result of a pole wreck. i would assume they cut the car to get him out of the wreckage. at least that's what im hoping. i'd prefer not to think im buying a deathrap lol

·
Registered
515 Posts
As painful it is to look at it is also a great feeling to look at that car and to know the guy lived. I mean seriously think about it. It make me feel so good knowing that I am inside a car that will protect me and the people I love. Now if only the car could tell when an ex girlfriend was sitting in the car :evil:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Actually it looks like the car sheared in half from the impact. Put the right amount of stress at the right speeds and anything will twist apart.
He walked away from it, at least. Stable condition in a hospital. So he should consider himself the luckiest person alive.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Hmmm. I seem to recall posting some comments about how it didn't look like an accident...or a manufacturer's fault.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
actually, if you read the whole thread, you will see that toyota bought the car back from him to investigate, but that all indications pointed to it being an improperly installed under dash led kit, which was port installed. it wasnt his fault, unless you can blame him for buying the car that was faulty.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.