Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hearing a sound every time got over a bump, the sound was like a bad shock absorber(clunk type) coming from the right rear wheel . Well the sound was from the hatch. After investigating the sound I found out if you looked at the closed hatch that the rubber stops inside the body of the car didnt made contact with the Hatch rubber stops of the car's body. So every time you went a bump on the road the hatch will flex up and down and to the sides creating the sound. I placed some washers(spacers) on one side and the sound went 90% quieter. Then I placed the spacers on both sides and the car is good to go. For those of you with the rattle try putting some spacers at the rubber stops on the body of the car and look if that resolves your problem.

·
Registered
664 Posts
hey jafra98! glad to know that others like yourself who have the rattle, fixed it with something simple.. just backs up that the fix is definitely the one to fix all the noise. I added foam tape to those stoppers to take up the gap.. same solution, fill that gap, so the hatch won't bounce around..

yeah search would work too, but glad to know another person solved the rattle the same way!

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (sciontc_mich @ Feb 4 2006, 11:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=141959
hey jafra98! glad to know that others like yourself who have the rattle, fixed it with something simple.. just backs up that the fix is definitely the one to fix all the noise. I added foam tape to those stoppers to take up the gap.. same solution, fill that gap, so the hatch won't bounce around..

yeah search would work too, but glad to know another person solved the rattle the same way! :D[/b]
master jedai is really mad when somebody posted something that already existing. it can be just redundant. LOL. BTW, i appreciate that you there's somebody who can fix rattle. honestly i have had that too. but i let to fixed it by my mechanic. when they're fixing it of course i watch 'em. i was having problem with the shock absorbers that time.

nuriko

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,513 Posts
.... the thread has been dead for 4.5 years and neither of them have been on here in years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.