Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Newbie here... don't own a tc yet, but am looking to purchase at the end of this month. First, i want to say thanks to everyone on here for helping me decide to buy a tc. I've been sitting in the shadows reading the posts for a little while now (this is my first post.) I appreciate the candor and camroderie within the posts, and it's very cool to see that some dealers belong to this board too!

My question to you all is this: What do you think of the spoilers? Lip vs. Pedestal? I like the tc bare with it's nice smooth lines, but I've had a spoiler on almost every car I've owned, and don't know if i'll miss it or not. I've seen the lip spoiler in person, and I do like it too. I have yet to see the pedestal spoiler except in photos. In some pics i like it, others not so much. I know this comes down to personal preference, but just wanted to know what everyone thinks about this. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the rear end of the tC is just too plain and needs something to draw attention to it. The lip spoiler just blends in while the pedestal spoiler brings out the lines of the car and extends it a bit. I think the pedestal spoiler is a bit of what the tC needs!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
i'm not a big fan of the pedestal but i do like the lip spoiler. I've sen Marty's from Spoiler Depot and it does look very nice.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Feb 2 2005, 09:57 PM
I personally don't like either of the factory spoilers, but greatly prefer the one for the tC at Spoiler Depot.
I second that. That is what I put on my car.

late

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't have a spoiler on mine. I thought about getting a lip spoiler, but I actually like it without any spoiler. It leaves the car with simply lines that let it stands out as a sports coupe, but yet clean lines that also makes the car look up scale. Also, I just think the lip is over priced.
But if anything, get the lip or the one from spoiler depot. It's tasteful. The pedestal spoiler is too much of a distraction to the rest of the car.
That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think the lip is kinda neat. i saw it on a tC n was like that doesnt look right but a second look at it and it went with the flow of the car. the pedestal isnt bad but the lip is somethin different

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went with the lip spoiler. It goes well with the clean lines of the car. I thought the pedestal spolier was just too much, and broke up the clean/sleek look of the car.

Just my opinion... get whatever you decide you like best!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by playa29@Feb 6 2005, 03:44 PM
for those who got it from spoiler depot did everything work out when ordering from them jw in case i get the spoiler from them instead of the overpriced one from scion
I recommend getting it off ebay from them because you'll save like a hundred bucks for the painting. Why they can't lower the price on their website I don't know...

And if you do get one from them, make sure you do everything right (color code, shipping info, EVERYTHING) during checkout because I've heard their customer service sucks.

But, I got everything ok and it arrived in like 2 weeks. Good quality paint, too. It's not show quality paint, but then again, the stock scion paint isn't either.

late

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by playa29@Feb 6 2005, 05:44 PM
for those who got it from spoiler depot did everything work out when ordering from them jw in case i get the spoiler from them instead of the overpriced one from scion
Their customer service was absolutely horrendous, but I did receive the spoiler in adequate condition and with all necessary parts. Installation was annoying but quick -- I highly recommend having a second person present for installation to hold one side of the spoiler while you hold (and work on) the other. I didn't, and it sucked.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the pedestal spoiler on mine and I like it a lot. I think it looks a lot better in person. I had only seen it on someone else's car on here before I ordered mine and I am glad I did. The lip wasn't enough for me on the rear of the car and I think the pedestal fits just right if you want more of a sporty look.

evette

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.