Scion tC Forums banner

Do you like those ricey looking cars? or is clean more your style?

• Rice belongs in a bowl, not a car.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do 1 or 2 ricey things to my car

• I can stand rice. It's ok.

• Rice is da best!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell tale signs of rice are this...

Big huge wing on the trunk or hatch.
Lots of non-factory lights on, inside, below, and/or around the car.
Big body kits that aren't painted, primered, or hanging off the car.
Stickers all over the vehicle
A weird looking design that was either attached by vinyl sticker, or paint.
Ricey colors are... "Powder blue, Bright neon yellow, neon green, neon red, pink, neon anycolor, primer only, flat black, a mix of any of these."

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I was driving around Sacramento today when this Mexican dude in a 90s Camaro drives up next to me. He stays beside me for a few seconds then motors away.

I can't tell you how much I laughed when I saw the monster spoiler this dude was sporting. The thing was roof-high.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Too many all show no go. My theory is that many "ricers" think that adding a spoiler or painting the intake manifold adds whp. I prefer the all go no show. Be a sleeper. Look stock and enjoy the the "ricers" car from your rear view mirror.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I don't like any. I don't see why Underbody Neon is cool.
Ohh.. your car has a fake aura, ooh..

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... I guess I'm just used to seeing rice... I don't even bother paying attention any more cause they are every where. Its actually nice to have them around cause they always draw the police away from me...

·
Registered
409 Posts
i personally don't like the big wings, and random decals (meaning you have like a mugen sticker but no mugen parts), or like the ghetto half steelies and half rims haha.. but whatever some ppl like that stuff and don't mind what other ppl think, more power to them, but i don't really understand why some ppl buy body kits, knowing they have NO money to paint it so it just makes their car look retarded, i think when buying stuff like that you should be prepared to go all out, like even if you have enuff money you should save it until you have enuff to paint it =). but all in all i hate that stupid term "rice", do what you like and not what other ppl think, there will always be ppl who dont like it and ppl who do so whatever, just mind your own business thats my philosophy =).... ooo and since we are on topic, altezza lights on anything but an altezza .. haha i never understood that, ive never seen it match anything =) hahaha anyways have fun, the tC is going to be the new car to "rice", its funny cuz in a thread in scion life there was a dealer who had lowered and put 18s on a black sand tC and ppl were like yelling out rice... and stuff and the dealer got comments like good way to start making the tC the new civic, to ppl like that who loosely use the term rice, making a new civic is most likely great for dealerships and car manufacturers = great business no?

okay sorry i wrote a lot, im actually really bored right now soo yah have fun =)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Do you think subs are rice?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This isn't Switzerland Phammer
Pick a side! lmao
j/p j/p

Well I for one like innovation. Things just have to flow together nicely. For me, subtle is the key.

I don't think subs are included into this category, but it has it's own place in peoples opinions of whether or not it is cool or annoying.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well I for one like innovation.[/b]
That is what I thought, but your becoming one of "them".

Unless you handcraft your own bodykit or do your own artistic paintings (that actually look good) on your car, it's not that innovated.

tripeclipse, you forgot to mention about altezza's in your list of "rice" in your first post. I can't stand altezza's, bah!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are you flaming me?
heh j/p
now now, there are some kits out there (the really subtle ones) that if done properly (meaning installed correctly and paint matched) look good, and forgive me for excluding the altezza lights.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Ok, i don't hate rice, but I don't like rice. Rice to me is customization of a car with the obvious lack of taste, time, effort, and money. In other words someone who rushes a neon install job and has wires running all over the place and a toggle switch hanging by his left foot. Or a car with a body kit zip tied on, or a car with a body kit beautifully fitted, but missing either paint, a side skirt or rear bumper. Also, the body kits that just make the car look like a space ship. I'm all for making your car look unique, and thats fine, but do it right, and keep it simple and subtle. The changes should never make it impossible to tell exactly what it is you're driving, it shoud just give your car a unique angle and a look thats more a reflection of who you are, as the driver.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well whats the point for a body kit. In a race, it doesn't do that much. You may say aerodynamics, but I hear otherwise.

Bodykits can be cool if no one has them in your town. If I had one, and I saw another guy with it, poof I would want to get rid of it. Then again, a body kit is a waste of money, IMO.

I'm not sure if this is true, so don't take it serious, but I think there are more ricers with body kits than modders, and more modders with lip kits than ricers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is that a 9 cylinder? Wow.

But wait..give the guy an a for effort. He obviously hand crafted his own body kit. Oh fine, nevermind, it sucks.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts