Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proposed body kit for my tC

Rice or cool or both? I'm gonna skip that spoiler, waiting for a better selection when i buy the car next year. So far though that kit's the winner. What kinda drop does that look like? 2 inch? i'm probably gonna go with the 1 1/2 TRD drop since its supposedly the greatest buy ever, plus it won't negate the warranty. I fear that the kit would be too high with only a 1 1/2" drop though.

Proposed wheels to go on that
Those wheels are just hot. Figured I'd go with 18's since 19's on this car seem to be prone to many problems (rubbing, bending, breaking, etc.).

So with that kit, TRD 1 1/2" drop , the wheels and it being black instead of blue, whatta ya think?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
personally, i like the kamanari kit. i dont like the spoiler.

the wheels arent my thing, but they arent bad. i dont think you are going over the top with those ideas. however, i would say you are right up against the railing. dont take another step.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I don't like the Kaminari kit -- but take that with a grain of salt since I apparently dislike almost all body kits. That having been said, without the spoiler, I think it's OK.

Believe it or not, I actually like those wheels. I'm not sure that I really like them any more than the stock wheels, but I do like them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That would be a pretty sweet combination. I'm not a big fan of most body kits either but I think that's a decent looking kit. Finding a wing to go with the kit that isn't too ricey will be tough though. I love the wheels too and they'll definitely look nice in 18s. Good work!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i might be able to help you out if you wanted a spoiler that isnt quite as drastic.

marty, you just blew my mind. you didnt flame. i am so proud of you.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
a pedestal. why? you want a lip, dont you?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
apparently it is ready for paint now. i was over on sunday doing some work on it, and chris must have finished it. now i need to nail down the paint appt, and pick up the parts from chris. hoping to have it installed early next week. and if the chinese new year doesnt screw up shipping, the spoiler should be back as well. crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 26 2005, 07:00 PM
marty, you just blew my mind. you didnt flame. i am so proud of you.
Thanks Damon. I was pretty surprised myself.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well...i enjoyed the input on that. I was bracing myself for vicious flaming. Gotta say so far this forum beats the living tar out of the forums for my accord at the moment. Thx guys.

I'm in search of unique more than anything. Mst likely i'll end up goin with a lip spoiler. I'm trying to get more of a longer look than other tC's.

But ya i agree that this is as close to NFSU 2 as it will ever get.

Inev, i'd love some ideas on spoilers, thx.

Nathan

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, its riding that excrutiatingly thin line between really freakin nice and paul walker. but it stays just on the good side.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't like the spoiler. Too much of a shopping cart look but the rest of it rocks.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.