Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the mounting depth of both the front and back speakers in the doors and the mid panels

2. I am looking at Kicker Speakers to replace them...I know the back ones will fit but the fronts have a mouting depth of 1-15/16" I wanted to know if they will fit.

3. Is there an instructional that tells how to take the mid panels as well as the door panels off...thanks

4. What sizes are the speakers in the front and the mid panels

THanks

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
1. What is the mounting depth of both the front and back speakers in the doors and the mid panels

Stock speakers: front depth, 1.625"; rear depth, 1.250".

2. I am looking at Kicker Speakers to replace them...I know the back ones will fit but the fronts have a mouting depth of 1-15/16" I wanted to know if they will fit.

You will need to cut a custom baffle to mount the speakers, and that will easily allow those Kickers to fit. I'm running CDT CL61 midranges in the doors, with a mounting depth close to 2.75". With a 3/4 MDF baffle, I have almost 1" of space between the window and the magnet.

3. Is there an instructional that tells how to take the mid panels as well as the door panels off...thanks

In the tech section at ScionLife, there is a how-to on disassembling the entire tC interior.

4. What sizes are the speakers in the front and the mid panels

Stock speakers: front, 6.5"; rear, 5.625".

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks man!

can't find that how-to on scionlife

on that speaker baffle thing, can I get those already made or do I have to make one myself? If so what do I make it out of and how do I go about making it...thanks

Matthew

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Door Panel Removal

Interior Disassembly

The baffles can be made very easily out of 3/4" MDF (medium density fiberboard). First cut the desired sized hole for your new speaker, then using the OEM speaker as a template, cut the outside to shape. Drill holes in the factory locations, and mount the baffle to the door using your choice of means-- I prefer barrel bolts and shoulder screws-- sometimes called "thru bolts" or "furniture bolts". Can be found at any Home Depot/Lowe's, etc.

I use a Jasper 200 to cut the speaker holes, then a basic jigsaw to take care of the exterior shape.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is an extremely nice setup how long are the barrel bolts and shoulders are do they just come in one size or what? Could I use a dremel to cut out the middle so that the speaker will fit?

How much roughly did the total material cost for you to do two of these. Thanks

Do you have the dimension on your current mdf I am going to have home depot make me some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.