Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I was looking at tires....Again and i knoticed something odd... As you know stock tire size is 215/45-17 but here my question. Bridgestone Potenza RE92 is listed as being a 24.6 diameter and rotates at 847 Revolutions Per Mile. The Avon Tech M550 A/S is listed as being a 24.8 diameter and rotates at 838 Revolutions Per Mile. Lastly Sumitomo HTR+ is listed as being a 24.5 diameter and rotates at 850 Revolutions Per Mile. Why is there so much difference between tire size, I know it's not much, but also revolution. Which are mainly effected by size.. I dont get it.. If I get Avon's thats gunna through off my speedo... .6 [email protected], so if i'm going 70, my speedo will read 70.6mph.. Most importantly the Diff ratio will change, from 4.23:1(mt) to 4.20:1. I Dont know what to think, I know it's not much, but it's still different then stock, maybe I should rethink think and go with another tire? I'm alittle lost here...

Rob

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You're trying to pick fly sh!t out of pepper. Calm down. Slight differences are insignificant to the point that a pressure change could easily account for the difference you describe. Anything less than 2% is considered negligible.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jan 20 2006, 08:37 PM
You're trying to pick fly sh!t out of pepper. Calm down. Slight differences are insignificant to the point that a pressure change could easily account for the difference you describe. Anything less than 2% is considered negligible.
I concur.

-Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.