Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that my front left (drivers side) tire seems to be losing a lot of air pressure. I checked the tire pressure after I bought the car, and it was at what the manual stated. After about a month and half I checked again, and the front tire pressure was at 23 psi~ all the other tires maybe lost a pound (not sure if its the correct terminology) or 2. I put some more air in on the front left tire to 32. For 2 months its been like this. YESTERDAY I checked again, after 3 weeks, and its down again. AND I hate seeing that Low tire pressure sign.... Besides going to the dealership, is there something else I can do? Maybe when they put the tire on it wasn't put on correctly? I have a air compressor at home and its not a big problem putting air in... but its just kind of worrying me. And this morning my car scraped going up a hill.. and my car is not even lowered~ any input will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Most likely a screw or nail in tire. The kind of leak down to a point and then stop leaking due to lower pressure. I had one in the fall that required repair. Little devil was hard to see in the tread though. Need to be taken care of.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If it's a slow leak it might be a pin or screw in the tire. That's what happened to me with one of my Avons. Sucked a screw in the tread right near the sidewall - couldn't repair it.

Take the wheel off and get some really soapy water and spray down the whole tire. see where it bubbles and that's your leak.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The one time I've had to do it (on the wife's car) it cost $12. I'd expect $10-20. Make sure they do an internal patch or internal patch and plug; not just a plug.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I have 3 potenzas. Man.. If you had checked today, I could have brought one to the Peruzzi show for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.