Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 18" Enkei with Pirelli PZero M+S. Recently I had to replace one tire due to a clean cut on the side wall of the tire. Ever since I replaced it with a newer tire the tire pressure system keeps going off. I checked the tire pressure on all the tires and they seem to be consistent to each other. I noticed that on the side door of the car there is only a recommendation PSI for the 17". Does anyone know what the recommended PSI is for the 18"?
Pirelli's website says 51 PSI but I feel that might be too high.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's not a pressure problem. The system doesn't read pressure, it reads speed differentials. Your new tire is not the same diameter as the worn ones, so the tire pressure detector thinks either all the other tires are high, or this one is low. It's not a bad system, but it really has nothing to do with measuring tire pressure. If all four tires were at 15 psi, it would not think anything is wrong. Not all bad, but for sure, not all good either. It's just a LOT cheaper and easier than pressure sensors in the rims.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Mine went off for the first time on the ride home. Checked pressure and I was about 10 psi low in the left front tire. This was warm though, so I'll check again in the morning and then adjust the pressure and reset the system. I'm glad it's there, because I'm forgetful about checking my tire pressure.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 22 2005, 08:17 PM
It's just a LOT cheaper and easier than pressure sensors in the rims.
Yes, and it makes life a bit easier when installing aftermarket wheels as well. You at least have the monitoring system still functional with new wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.