Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the tire pressure for the stock tires is 32 front 29 rear.
Is it the same for the 18" Pirellis? When the dealer mounted the Enkei wheels they inflated the tires with 40lbs all around.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The easy and cheap method of setting tire pressure is to use white shoe polish and paint a stripe across the tread of each tire. Drive around for a few miles including right and left hand turns. Check the wear on the stripes. If it is all gone in the middle but still good on the sides, the pressure is too high. If the stripe is gone on the sides but not the middle pressure is too low. If it is evenly worn all the way across, the pressure is right.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Very clever, and effective.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn! Wouldn't you know it.....I'm all out of white shoe polish..............any other ideas?
If not, I'll just leave them at 32F-29R

btw, Happy Holidays everyone!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Dec 24 2004, 03:58 PM
Very clever, and effective.
Actually that's not my tip. Mani Jayasinghe from Mani's site posted that on the Supra email list a few years back. If you read any of the sport/compact rags, you've probably seen his Dawg. Bright red, TRD style widebody kit, and Mani can really drive. He sponsors a major sports car event in the LA area every summer. If anyone's interested I can post more about it. Most of the cars in this event are 500+ hp though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK, I searched, and I read the articles, so don't yell at me for this one!
No one seems to have answered the question about the tire pressure for the P Zero Nero M&S's. The tire rack site lists a maximun pressure of 51 psi, but is that the recommended psi? I doubt it.
I tested the tire pressure within 24 hrs of delivery and one was at 54, the oters were 40-44, and yes my low pressure light is on.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken --)--------

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
your low pressure light is on because you have different psi's in your tires... i dont know the recommended psi for your tire, but i know how the low pressure light works.. and the reason its on now is because of the reason i stated earlier.... i'd just make them all at 44 psi since that's the middle of the psi that tire rack sent to you

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by gotTC?@May 28 2005, 03:31 PM
wouldn't the tire pressure be printed on the sidewall of the tire??
The pressure on the side is the max. pressure recommended by the tire maufacturer. It does not take into account the vehicle it is on...the weight and the front to rear distribution among many other things. A good baseline to start would be about the same as the stock tire psi. I have 225/40-18s.....Yokohamas and found that I run at 28 rear and 31 front. I have one less lb of pressure in each tire than stock, but front to rear difference it still 3 lbs. If you use lo bux's method...which is the way I have always heard it should be done....start with the normal stock pressure as a base so you will not be starting too far off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.