Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had new wheels put on my tc two weeks ago. i just remembered about the tire pressure button on this car though. the people who put the wheels on the car for me didn't even know what kind of car it is so i can say pretty much with 100% certainty that they didn't press the tire pressure button for me because they don't know the car. i know some of you have gotten new wheels, so should i press it? if they had pressed it and i press it again now, will that cause a problem?

·
Registered
282 Posts
from what i read in the manual, the tire pressure button in the glove box is to reset the pressure sensors. Such as if you ran over a nail (knock on wood) of course you are going to lose pressure in your tires and your lights kicks on. Once you get your tire fixed, thats when you need to reset the sensor light to turn it off until you lose pressure again.
I could be wrong about this but this is what i read out of the manual.
Its not really going to hurt anything if you press the button now or anytime.

as with new wheels, i dont know if it will still work on aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
936 Posts
reset the system. Press and hold it for 3-5 seconds until its flashing, then press again......then drive about 10 miles and let it calibrate. - t

·
Registered
118 Posts
FYI: The flat tire sensor doesn't sense pressure.. it senses rotations of the wheels. For example, if one of the wheels is turning faster than the others over some period of time, it knows there's a problem (which is probably a flat) and turns on the flat tire indicator.

My guess is that it won't think it's a flat until one wheel is acting different than all the others.. SO, you shouldn't have to reset it unless it tells you there's a flat.

-K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts