Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my back three windows tinted to a 5% visibility. doing my fronts to 50% maybe tomorrow. looks sick already, but i gotta darken the front two. against the flint mica, it just adds an overall stealth to the car. pics to follow after i get the car cleaned up.

·
Registered
619 Posts
That right there around where i live is just asking for trouble. but cool deal for you.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^ that might be kinda cool.

legal tint in CA? the backs there isnt a limit, limo tint essentially is fine. but the fronts, no tint is allowed without a prescription from your doctor. 50% is what most people do around here if they do it. its a shade that you usually will get a ticket for only if they stopped you for something else, or if you were being an idiot looking for attention. they can stop you for it, but they mostly dont.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Where did you get your tint done, and how much did it cost, inevitablegod? I'm in the sac area and am on a waiting list for a tC at Maita Toyota...that wouldn't happen to be where you work, would it?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
We just took my g/f's black Eclipse GT to Eclipse (go figure) on Auburn at Greenback... They did a good job, but didn't tell her how to take care of it & what not to do. They also didn't cover her leather seats & dripped water, or whatever solution they use, all over her interior... But, it does look good! Because of the hatch, she went w/ solid black vinyl along the top & 5% for the rest of the window.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Getting your celica ready? Ready to be sold? Think about it this way...even if you put your deposit down tomorrow you're still a month away from owning the car

·
Registered
502 Posts
Eric, how come your driver and passenger windows weren't tinted? Those can be tinted, right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts